Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What records video mixes successfully?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I am trying to record my video mixes but i have been unsuccessful.
Virtual DJ - The video does not capture correctly and strobes but I get good audio. I tried all of the codecs.
Fraps - I get good video but I get No audio. I tried many audio configurations.

What is out there? That works! Or how can I make VDJ or Fraps work?

Posted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 6:54 am
Virtual dj video recording is not very good at the moment.. but i assume that they are working on it

Fraps work up to a point..... many have had good results. Personally though I have had dragging, syncing problems etc with Fraps.

The Archos - is a device that captures digital.. so you can copy straight back to the computer as a file.. Have never used it but it works... my friend (Streaming_dj) has this and his captures are quite good. You can run a google on it or ask Streaming_dj about it. Good thing about using Archos is that you can bring it into an editing software like Sony Vegas and adjust, correct little things that may have gone wrong.

This is what works for me flawlessly. I use a stand alone DVD recorder and just record as i go along... If i play one hour I have a complete DVD up and ready no formatting to rendering to DVD etc. Only hitch is that if you make a mistake you can't just edit it.

Posted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 8:24 am

Posted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 8:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)