Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I know this has been asked

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

but, what is the life of TCV's? Do I need to purchase a new set every year? Or just let them keep spinning?

Syberman

Posted Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 2:29 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

All I can say mate, is as long as you are still getting a good signal of them, then carry on spinning them. I think a good pratice to get in to with them is to buy a new set every 6 months or so, whether you need them or not mate.

I always carry a spare set with me (Numark vinyls) just in case.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 4:42 pm
That makes sense Jimmy, thanks.

Syberman

Posted Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 7:45 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I had the old TCV and they lasted about a year with heavy scratching and back spinning. Of course I used both sides and did my best to take care of them.

I understand the newer generation is supposed to be better.

The life of TCV also depends on your needles and tracking force and counterbalance and how you have it all set up. These variations make predicting how long TCV will last a little difficult.

You I think have been in the game for a while so i know you know all about that stuff.

Expect TCV to last about 1/2 the time a regular record would last. you know, that record you would play at every show, would practice with at home everyday, that record that you love cause you can cut the hell out of it.

Good luck dude and keep a spare around. don't forget that TCV has 2 sides A side and B side.

I forgot that for about 8 months and needle burned the hell out of them but they worked like magic. Needle and record were real used to each other and real comfortable together. Never missed a beat, would not skip or lose the beat when I scratched.

Good luck dude

Posted Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 8:44 pm
Thanks DJCity, you made some really good points on needles and counterweights. Also, needles, IMHO, are important because that is where the music is being digitally read.

Syberman

Posted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 6:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)