Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I am really not lucky

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here's my story...

Last year at Christmas 2007 my family got me the new RMX from Hercules. I had started DJing with Virtual DJ a couple of months before and I really enjoyed it, so that's when I got interested in the RMX, a small console for beginners. The problem is, I didn't have a computer to run it. I made some money by working the following summer and I bought myself a dell Studio 17 2.0 ghz 4 g RAM. When it arrived I was really happy and I couldn't wait to try with my console. I unboxed it, plugged in the wires, and finally when I loaded on a song and played it on virtual DJ, it was always skipping. The following Monday, I contacted Virtual DJ and asked them if they could help me fix my problem. I spent over 4-8 weeks trying to fix, when finally frustrated as i was, I decided to return my laptop to Dell Canada.

September 2008

My sister owned the white Macbook and I decided to try it with my console. Plugged in the wires again, installed drivers and virtual DJ. I was working like a charm. So I told myself why not buy the new Macbook that came out in October. Two weeks ago I went to buy the beautiful new macbook, and I couldn't wait to start DJing with my console. Unlucky as I am, plugged in the wires, installed the drivers and virtual DJ, BUT NOW ITS THE CROSS FADER AND VOLUME CONTROLLERS THAT DON'T WORK. I tried to contact Virtual DJ but it takes them YEARS to answer.

So please if anyone had the same problem as me and fixed it. Please tell me how, I have almost been waiting ONE WHOLE YEAR to start mixing.

Pierre-Jacques Leduc
Montreal, Canada

Posted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 9:00 pm
Have you tried the MAC forum? I am sure you will get a speedy response over there. Good luck.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 9:08 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Its been mentioned quite a few times by DELL users that the laptops work ok for video they just need the right settings and that can take awhile. (Im talking about laptops within 1-2 years with good specs and a video card).

I didnt see your questions about your dell anywhere in these forums

Posted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 7:18 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi have u updated ur rmx drivers n Vdj le? Now V5.2.1 le for mac.

Also if u may want to post a new thread abt ur issue on mac on the mac forum:)

Regards.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 11:45 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I agree that the likely problem is the RMX driver. If you all ready have the current driver, try downloading and reinstalling again. Could've been a bad install.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 08 @ 3:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)