Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: question before buying.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am about to go out and buy this at my local guitar center. But I was playing with the Demo Version of VDJ. And I wanted to ask one thing before I pick this up. I noticed in the demo version that when I have it setup to auto play that some times it beat matches. I went into the config and turned this off. But it still tried to do it. I set the crossfade to 0 and disabled auto beatmatch or what ever it was called. But it still tried to beat match every once in a while. I am buying this for a strip club and there is no need to have that feature.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 4:48 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
VirtualDJ is not available at Guitar Center Felix. It is only available for download purchase. As for the second part of your question I am afraid I do not have an answer for you.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 4:50 pm
if you dont want to beatmatch, which i dont know why you wouldnt, you can try making your own playlist and then going that route via autoplay...dont think it will auto beatmatch--it doesnt for me. check out the sync buttons too. if youre in a stripclub then most girls want their own music, or depend on you for the music, so.......drag and drop deck to deck and forget about the beatmatch. then you can autoplay a playlist during downtime.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 5:13 pm
actually if u dont want the beat match then just do it manually..

Posted Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 6:56 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
FelixFresh wrote :
I am about to go out and buy this at my local guitar center. But I was playing with the Demo Version of VDJ. And I wanted to ask one thing before I pick this up. I noticed in the demo version that when I have it setup to auto play that some times it beat matches. I went into the config and turned this off. But it still tried to do it. I set the crossfade to 0 and disabled auto beatmatch or what ever it was called. But it still tried to beat match every once in a while. I am buying this for a strip club and there is no need to have that feature.

You can buy it online or go for Numark Cue or Virtual Vinyl.
As for the additional automix options, create a playlist (drag n drop to the playlist page ,right side of the browser panel), click on the + sign, click autmix type and select NONE (back to back), start automix and bammm it will play without beatmatching...

See you soon as a pro felix.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 6:44 am
Guitar Center does have controllers that come with vdj though

Posted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 12:02 pm
Hmm I could have sworn I seen it at guitar center no biggie.

The reason I dont need the beat match feature is because this is going to be installed at a stripclub. Beat matching
in stripclubs never works. The mix always takes too long. And well people are not there to dance. They are there to
get dances from the girls haha.

And they do not have a big monitor. They have that crappy Screenplay Video thing I cant remember what its called.
So I would be putting the fader to one side. And moving vdj halfway off the screen and opening my HD with my music and promo only
videos in another window so I could just drag and drop into the playlist. I am not a big fan of the file browser that VDJ has.

If monitor size was not an issue I would have just used the mouse to move the fader from left to right etc.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 10:14 pm
Ok wow, I found that fade back to back. It seems to work great. Thanks a ton.

Last question. I am thinking about getting the Virtual Vinyl. I have Scratch Live right now.

And it allows me to use one table. I place one side on internal and the other on ABS mode. And I have
instant doubles checked. Will it allow me to do the same?

Posted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 10:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)