Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: splitting tracks for cd - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I record my tracks using Audacity which is free http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Yes you have to use a second computer to record but in my experience it always turns out better that way.

With this program you to label tracks and export the tracks with ID Tags already set!!!
Sweet huh?

The other thing to remember if you want your burns to be seamless remember to burn wave files NOT MP3
MP3 File will not burn seamlessly to a CD..

Have Fun!
Thanks,

Posted Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 11:35 pm
atl_djHome userMember since 2011
I found this thread and I thought I would put in my 2 cents. I tried to do something like this with CD Architect and I couldn't get it to work right. I downloaded CD Wave Editor as recommended by FunkmasterFrank and immediately did it. Thanks!

Posted Mon 11 Jul 11 @ 2:37 pm
hi,i wanna make a nonstop including 5 or 6 tracks ,i want to record these tracks and edit them while i'm listening,but i couldn't make it ,i press stop button to listen to the next track to find wich part is suitable then when i return to join two parts i can't ,what i'm trying to say is i want to edit these tracks first(to cut the best parts)then record them then put them in row and make a nonstop.

Posted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 2:05 pm
Audacity can split the tracks for you. its a great program to use to make a mix cd and its FREE

Posted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 2:42 pm

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 8:04 pm
I have VirtualDJ on my old computer and did not get the blips between songs when using the crossfader function. I just installed it on my new computer and notice that the blips are back. What gives? Am I going to have to record one long song and then manually put in the breaks later?

Posted Sun 02 Mar 14 @ 2:46 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Record your mix in WAV file.

Posted Mon 03 Mar 14 @ 12:28 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
coz u can't do it in mp3... unless things have changed that i don't know about

Posted Mon 03 Mar 14 @ 2:17 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
pseft wrote :
coz u can't do it in mp3... unless things have changed that i don't know about

Sure you can.
Just make sure the Lame encoder is installed properly.

Posted Mon 03 Mar 14 @ 5:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)