Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Maya 44 question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wtfj1nHome userMember since 2008
Hi guys...i was curious about the maya 44 soundcard... It has four in and four outs...but how come it doesnt have Left or Right channel...I want to get one of these things but im not sure how i would hook it up to my external mixer....any tips or advice would be deeply appreciated

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 8:39 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've seen you around the forums for a while.

Are you ever gonna register a legal copy of Virtual DJ?

I have the Maya44 USB and will be happy to help you with the Maya but I would really appreciate it if you register your VDJ software.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 9:13 pm
djcity wrote :
I've seen you around the forums for a while.

Are you ever gonna register a legal copy of Virtual DJ?

I have the Maya44 USB and will be happy to help you with the Maya but I would really appreciate it if you register your VDJ software.

I've got a maya usb 44, and i've got some serieous problems with the latest version op Vdj. When i start my laptop, the first song i'll load sounds really bad, when i load a song in th 2 player it's ok. But after hours testing the problem occurs while playing. Can you help me?

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 11:47 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what are the settings in Maya?

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:00 pm
Generally: LEFT (1) RIGHT (2)
It doesn't matter though, as long as everything remains consistent.

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 12:55 pm
Hey guys I have a Maya problem 2.......

I have to run setup (install the driver) every time I start up lappy...I use the same usb everytime...off an external usb hub??? the settings in vdj for the soundcard are:

INPUTS: NONE
OUTPUTS: External Mixer
SOUNDCARD: Maya usb
left deck: chain 1&2 right deck: chain 3&4

by the way VDJ PROGRAM IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I use to be a PCDJ GUY, NOT ANYMORE 2 years free os PCDJ!!!!!!

Mark Allen

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 4:48 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
Generally: LEFT (1) RIGHT (2)
It doesn't matter though, as long as everything remains consistent.

It matters if using serato timecodes...if you hook up backwards (even with the maya44)just like the sl1 if the red and right cords are reversed then you probrably wont be able to get 100%timecode signal

I found this out the hard way!!my gig was starting in like 10 minutes and the left deck wouldn't get 100% instead it kept going in reverse.so i started playing without time code on that deck whilst still searching for the problem .finally i realized on the maya my rca jacks were't sequenced(red,white,red,white)instead it was something like red, white,white ,red. once i switched the rca jacks accordingly all was well

took all of about 10~15minutes to figure that out .lol

Posted Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 10:39 am
djmazmarkallen wrote :
Hey guys I have a Maya problem 2.......

I have to run setup (install the driver) every time I start up lappy...I use the same usb everytime...off an external usb hub??? the settings in vdj for the soundcard are:

INPUTS: NONE
OUTPUTS: External Mixer
SOUNDCARD: Maya usb
left deck: chain 1&2 right deck: chain 3&4

by the way VDJ PROGRAM IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I use to be a PCDJ GUY, NOT ANYMORE 2 years free os PCDJ!!!!!!

Mark Allen

if i were you i would try pluggin the maya in a dedicated usb jack ;therefore its getting full power also.try it and shut down and restart to aee if it help.

(btw: pcdj has partnership with vdj (pcdj vj))hehe they are probrably reading this (sshhhhhh)lol I have friends over there as well
:-P

(smile)heheh (like my avatar) ;-)

Posted Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 10:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)