Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP something about directX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SC300PRO InfinityMember since 2008
so i got the 64-bit driver for mk2 i got everything down n ready to go,BUT i click on the icon and then a "direct X sound driver error" shit pops up????? WHAT do i dooooo??????

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 4:15 pm
Help!!!!!!!!please.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 7:02 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi!!

You better use ASIO mode for the MK2.

Look in my BLOG.

Hope this will help you.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 7:04 pm
Nope nothing............i installed directx and it says i have a newer or eqilalent version so i dont think its that.........................if i dont get this straightened out im going to destroy my new laptop........help please

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 9:02 pm
The Mk2 driver is a little basic, it relies on the control panel's setting, it's currently in ASIO, change it to WDM.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 9:05 pm
it is

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 9:10 pm
BTW i have a hp laptop,vista,64-bit,pavilion dv4,i dont know what direct x it has,i lost my installation cd for my mk2 so i downloaded it from the download center, i downloaded the 2008 hercules vista driver, i just bought this laptop and its the first time i use vista, and after installing VDJ home edition off the download center and the latest hercules driver, i get a "direct x sound driver error"...........i need help fast and im going crazy : ) lol

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 9:20 pm
c'mon please?

Posted Tue 04 Nov 08 @ 3:17 pm
OK, I went into my crappy computer and checked everything that could go wrong. What version of VDJ are you using - DJC or Home edition? It makes a difference on what advice we give.

It's not your computer by itself...

Posted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 4:09 am
im using the Hercules MK2 with DJC version, the one that came with the MK2.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 3:31 pm
Mi amigo, I tried everything including installing old drivers and I can't recreate that error... maybe it is the the 64 bit computer. Once again, only guessing.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 1:17 am
hmmm you think getting virtual dj pro OR the Hercules RMX it will work perfectly or okay? Thanks BTW

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 3:24 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

In your Version of VirtualDJ (3.4.1 I think) do you have a sound setup tab.

If yes, can you see a little box that say's something like "apply Eq on external controls" or something like that.

If it is checked, Uncheck it. Shut VirtualDJ down and restart it.

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 3:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)