Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording Video Mix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Trying to record my live video mix but it keeps giving me a recording error saying video codec not found. Any info would be great.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 6:36 pm
Hi, there are ways round that my downloading the ms-mpg4 codec off the net, but so far I haven't heard of anybody who's made it run smoothly. When I record the video is always jerky.

What I've done in the past is to use a second PC for recording (one with a TV card with an s-video input), or you could try the FRAPS software if you don't have a second PC, or probably easiest to just buy a DVD recorder and do it that way.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 6:58 pm

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 8:20 am

hello and welcome to awaken the forum vdj

I put the two explanations of recording (mp3 and video) we never know, tests made with VDJ 5.2.1

for recording and MP3

if you do not see the file lame_enc.dll in My Documents \ VirtualDJ \ Plugin

Downloads>> HERE <<lame_enc.dll file and place it in \ My Documents \ VirtualDJ \ Plugin

for video

1) download xvidvfw.dll v1.1.3 fixed by djcel>> HERE <<
Simply copy this dll djcel and place it in C: \ Windows \ System32 and overwrites the previous one.

2) download K-Lite Codec Pack>> HERE <<

3) check the updated DirectX, and your graphics card

4) launch vdj you click record Movie -> config ... You look down in size if there is well written or divx xvid

if you find that writing [MPG4] erased it and you write and divx xvid OK then close and restart vdj vdj and start your video

Second phase

If the video does not start or video and audio effects does not go in the configuration vdj -> tab video

and make sure [use acceleration Harward] is well check if it is not checked, check OK then close and restart vdj vdj

Posted Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 4:31 pm
Hi,

Thanks a bunch. Is there a way to get a better resolution?

The AVI file is just 320x240. If I project this to a screen on play on a 52" inch TV, it will look blurry...

File details (audio and sonique visualization video)
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 256Kbps [Audio]
Video: XVID 320x240 25.00fps [00) Video Stream]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 44100Hz stereo 262Kbps [Stream 01]

Regards
Nick

hello and welcome to awaken the forum vdj

I put the two explanations of recording (mp3 and video) we never know, tests made with VDJ 5.2.1

for recording and MP3

if you do not see the file lame_enc.dll in My Documents \ VirtualDJ \ Plugin

Downloads>> HERE <<lame_enc.dll file and place it in \ My Documents \ VirtualDJ \ Plugin

for video

1) download xvidvfw.dll v1.1.3 fixed by djcel>> HERE <<
Simply copy this dll djcel and place it in C: \ Windows \ System32 and overwrites the previous one.

2) download K-Lite Codec Pack>> HERE <<

3) check the updated DirectX, and your graphics card

4) launch vdj you click record Movie -> config ... You look down in size if there is well written or divx xvid

if you find that writing [MPG4] erased it and you write and divx xvid OK then close and restart vdj vdj and start your video

Second phase

If the video does not start or video and audio effects does not go in the configuration vdj -> tab video

and make sure [use acceleration Harward] is well check if it is not checked, check OK then close and restart vdj vdj

Posted Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 12:39 pm
I seem to be having problems like this as well.

I have downloaded all of the files listed, and have selected the MPEG codec in the registry tool, and can record with no codec problems. When I go to the config screen and select the file to save, the only file type option I have is avi, and the recorded video is VERY choppy. I have tried to put divx or xvid in the codec type (but nether of these show up in the registry tool) and that's where i have the codec problems.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help!!!

THanks...

WAyne

Posted Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 9:52 pm
same here this is a real issue and should be looked at. asap.

Posted Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 12:04 am
koboltHome userMember since 2010
It pice of not working crap............ whay they call it vdj i tried everything didn't work its usless....

Posted Wed 06 Oct 10 @ 10:11 pm
All you have to do is, where it asks for the "Codec" leave it blank. VDJ will make it an avi by default.

Hope that helps
Huey

Posted Wed 06 Oct 10 @ 10:26 pm
Yes but why avi? Is there an alternative? It's not a file format that I am very fond of for the obvious reasons.

Posted Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 6:37 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
AVI (Audio Video Interleave) is not a codec but a multimedia container format.

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 8:13 am
heyy... im tryin to record my video mixes but after they are recorded an i'm playin it, the video is always sticking an the audio is never in timing with the video.... what can i do to get clean video mixes???

Posted Mon 10 Oct 11 @ 1:29 am
I have tried all the various codecs to record video internally with VirtualDJ. The results were not great and found the best was still a little blurry and the sound ran out of sync over time.

What I use now is the Fraps external program. Works great and can produce useable quality.

If you go onto the first page of my website and scroll down, there is a short demo that was recorded with Fraps.

http://www.vjles.com

Posted Mon 10 Oct 11 @ 5:13 am
my virtual dj on config.. brings up only WAV and MP3 how can i change it to codecs ? on recording on the left only has Record File, Save Cd, & broadcast but i don't have Record Video

Posted Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 1:12 pm
you probably have it on @RECORD AUDIO@....there's more selections on the left to pick from.
In this order: Record Audio, Burn CD, Broadcast, Record Video.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 11 @ 3:51 pm
I use an additional pc, dazzle usb capturing device & nero software to make mixed videos.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 11 @ 5:18 pm
when i record video on virtual dj the video goes out of time with the audio .. does anyone know how to fix this issue please?

Posted Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 7:06 am

Posted Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 1:29 pm
For all who have problem mixing videos and the audio not syn with the video i use to have that problem but i found a software that correct all that problem

Posted Tue 06 May 14 @ 10:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)