Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 5.2 has been great...until now...serious gremlins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ever since 5.2 came out and I upgrade my video card to an 8600gt I have had NO problems with VDJ (except those annoying little video freezes that just won't go away); however, in this past week I have experienced another search crash and tonight videos were not showing up in the browser or the search even though I know they are there and confirmed it be looking at windows explorere and having to drag and drop them on to vdj....and here is the REALLY CURIOUS ONE while it was playing one song it was showing ANOTHER video I had not loaded!!!! It did this three times tonight. The first time I loaded Baby Got Back anto the player , started it up, had the audio from BABY GOT BACK and the VIDEO FROM TI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the hell happened there? It them did it at two other times during the night. I don't know if this is related but Baby Got Back was one of the videos I have to drag and drop from windows explorer because it did not show up in the vdj browser or search!

It wasn't even a full moon tonight..............any body got any idea about what causes and how to prevent either of these situations occurring in the future?

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 6:15 am
I had the same problem with files not showing up in the search window. I don't know how to fix it but it is a big problem for me, if you come up with a solution send me a message.

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 11:50 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Create a filter folder called is linked - this will show you all the tracks where you have linked a video to an audio OR video file.

Filter string to use is -- HasLinkedVideo=1

And check your Config -> Video tab and look at your setting for 'Link video when dropped on preview window'

It sound like you have files linked.

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 11:57 am
not sure if this is related or not ,but i have been losing virtual folders ??

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 12:11 pm
cstoll wrote :
Create a filter folder called is linked - this will show you all the tracks where you have linked a video to an audio OR video file.

Filter string to use is -- HasLinkedVideo=1

And check your Config -> Video tab and look at your setting for 'Link video when dropped on preview window'

It sound like you have files linked.

I have never linked any videos, but there was a dj that played a set the night before while I took a break for about an hour...he may have dropped videos on the window instead of the graphbar......

Now what about the files that are there (and show in windows explorer) but do not show up in the VDJ browser or the search?

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 1:36 pm
Are you getting the right audio playing.. but just the vid wrong?
If that is the case...what you could do is drag the vid into the window again..and that should correct the problem

Posted Sat 25 Oct 08 @ 6:24 pm
digitalwiz wrote :
Are you getting the right audio playing.. but just the vid wrong?
If that is the case...what you could do is drag the vid into the window again..and that should correct the problem

Yeah, that is what I did and that is why I think my trainee dropped a few videos ont he window instead of the load bar the night before. I will just correct them one by one as they come up.

Thanks Guys....it always seems to end up being something simple.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 08 @ 6:09 am
yeah most problems are so simple... yet it takes such a hell to find it...
Glad that i could have helped............

had the same issue... solved the problem accidentally within minutes of the prob

Posted Thu 06 Nov 08 @ 9:55 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
dj-e-lectric wrote :
I will just correct them one by one as they come up.

The filter folder shown above by cstoll will list all linked videos, so you can correct them easily :)

Posted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 3:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)