Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Newbie, starting out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just started out, need some advice on some equipment to get...

was thinking about getting a usb soundcard and then mayb after awhile get the Hercules DJ Control MP3

what do you think?

Posted Mon 20 Oct 08 @ 10:34 am
There are literally hundreds of options out there. You need to look at price you can afford and what you are comfortable using.

I have the Denon DN-HC4500 controller with built in sound card. Not too expensive, great quality, extremely configurable and you don't need an external USB sound card.

Each to their own though!

Posted Mon 20 Oct 08 @ 11:44 am
i started out with a control MP3 and a rubish external sound card, then brought a USB Mixer and now im gonna shell out 600 quid for 2 Numark TT500's and a DXM09 mixer and a MAYA44!!! so im gonna have to sell the rest!! what im trying to say is if you buy cheap you will be buying twice! if u know u defintly wanna do it then i suggest saving up for decks or CD players (whatever your style is) and a mixer and a MAYA44, but have a look around, research what you want even if you cant afford it, its all good info and your find out what they all do, and in DJin u get what you pay for unless you shell out stupid money you get rubish kit, im not saying its all rubish as its helped me soo much in my mixin technique but i wish id just saved up in the 1st place!

Posted Mon 20 Oct 08 @ 12:07 pm
To make things easier, the question you need to ask yourself is........... What type of equipment you preffer to use ?

Would you like to use turntables like the technics 1200s or cd turntables like the pioneer cdj 800mk2 or the 1000mk3 or the Numark CDX

If you like to use a controller like the Denon HC4500 or the numark DMC 2

Posted Mon 20 Oct 08 @ 7:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)