Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Soundcard Setup VirtualDJ with TASCAM US144 Windows Vista

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ruessHome userMember since 2008
Thought I'd put this guide in since it took us so long so I can refer to it in the future in case I forget (and for others too!). Wish I could add to the Wiki, but oh well. :)

This setup will allow TASCAM to output to the mixer and PA while the internal soundcard's headphone jack can be used for as the CUE.
1)
http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr188/ruesss/tascam1.jpg
After install, ensure that your computers internal or built-in sound card is selected as default (not TASCAM or other USB device).

2)
http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/rr188/ruesss/tascam2.jpg
In Virtual DJ, goto "Config", select "Sound Setup" and use the following options:
Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound Card(s): 2 Cards
------
Sound Card: Speakers (Tascam US-144)
Second Card: Speakers (computer's built-in sound card)

Output Channels: Left Deck : Second Card / Right Deck : First Card

Press OK

3) Test to ensure it works!

Posted Sat 18 Oct 08 @ 4:10 pm
il-fuseHome userMember since 2008
I tried on virtual dj and it worked but the problem i've got is how am I going to mix it on the speaker?

Posted Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 12:57 pm
Just wanna ask... why is it that i always set the sound settings of my software? It seems like everytime i open vdj, the sound settings changes. For almost a year, i can use my software for hours but just recently, I could only use it for 10 minutes. Then it seems okay after days. And everytime I set the sound settings, I always encounter this warning: "COMPLEX AUDIO CONFIGURATION IS A FEATURE AVAILABLE ONLY IN VDJ BASIC OR VDJ PRO... YOUR AUDIO CONFIGURATION WILL STILL BE USED, BUT ONLY FOR 10 MINUTES."

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 9:29 am
Because your using the Free Home Edition. It resets after 10mins.......
What version are you using or think your using??

Huey

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 9:35 am
I've been using the home version for almost a year.... it just started just last 2 weeks. The sound at my headphones for monitoring stopped after 10 minutes but the music is still playing on the speakers. But there are times that i could use it for more than 5 hour straight.

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 9:42 am
A year, maybe its trying to tell you to buy the Pro version now, lol! Naw I'm playing. I've never used the home version so I'm not really sure what's happening. Are you using the advanced config when setting up your sound?

Huey

Posted Sat 09 Apr 11 @ 9:58 am
I'll be buying the pro version if i already have the dj equipment. As of now, i want to perfect my beatmatching etc. That's why i need the software. I'm just covering the soundwave with a bondpaper and avoid the async. I wish i could have my own gears so that I could buy the pro version. I can't afford to buy gears, too expensive. So I'm relying in this software... so friendly user. That's why I'm so bothered about it.

Posted Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 8:00 am
I'm just using desktop... input - none... output - headphones... soundcard - 4.1...

Posted Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 8:07 am
Home FREE is limited software and only supports the following configurations for pre-listening to music using headphones:

(1) If you are using a desktop computer with a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound card built-in, you can use the front and rear outputs of this for master and headphones. Plug stereo amplified speakers into the front output socket and a pair of headphones into the rear output socket.

(2) If you are using a laptop, you can add a basic stereo USB sound card for the headphone output. Your computer's built-in sound card will be used for the master output and the USB card for your headphones (Plug your headphones into the USB card.)

(3) You can use the sound card built into your laptop and the mono separated option, however this will only give you MONO sound. You will need a splitter cable to split the left/right channels - Please search Google for: 3.5 jack splitter to mono

You will need option (1) - Make sure that you choose this from the basic pictures that you get when you first start Home FREE. Don't click on MORE otherwise you will be using advanced settings, which are only available for 10 minutes at a time.

To choose which deck to pre-listen to, press the TAB key or click PFL button on the skin. Use the crossfader and/or volume sliders to control which deck is output live over the master outputs.

For more advanced sound configuration such as using two sound cards or multi-channel external DJ sound cards, you will need to purchase a VirtualDJ product such as VirtualDJ Basic or the full Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Advanced sound configuration and other Pro features such as MIDI controllers can be tried out for 10 minutes at a time, after which the software will revert back to free limited.

If you wish to be a computer DJ, then you should purchase your software first before spending money on other DJ gear. You may wish to consider a MIDI controller that comes with VirtualDJ LE included (See http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html ) - You can upgrade from this to the full Professional later at a discount.

NOTE: VirtualDJ Home FREE is for non-commercial home use only using your mouse and keyboard to mix. It cannot be used at DJ gigs where you are being paid.

For live performance, VirtualDJ Basic or the full Professional with a dedicated multi-channel sound card designed for DJ use is strongly recommended, such as Numark DJIO, Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ, etc.

NOTE: In future, please do not bump an old topic from 2009.

Posted Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 3:00 pm
ei, thanks... this is helpful.... I want to master beatmatching and stuffs in mixing. This is one of my dreams since 2nd year high school but my parents don't like this. When I'm about to graduate, i started working part-time until last year. I resigned 2010 and started this djing thing again. And my mom is ok with it. Now, I'm 32 years old and starting all over again. VDJ helped a lot but when these happened, I feel like everything falls apart. I just can't practice for 10 minutes and kept on resetting the sound configuration. I don't have money to buy gears and I don't want my parents to buy it for me. Djs here don't want to help starters, i don't know why. There are rich guys here who could buy gears... the poor doesn't have a choice but to work for it to buy gears. As of the moment, to dream is free. I don't know if I could buy one. There's no gears for sale in our area. We have to order through the net or ride a plane to buy one. Well, that's an additional expense.

Again, thanks.... Still hope i could have one, even a good pro version for free... =)

Posted Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 9:08 pm
The more i looked at these dj controllers, the more i feel deprived to have one... =(
These questions goes into my mind: "When can i have one? How can I have one?"
aaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh....

Posted Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 9:16 pm
If i will choose one in FEATURED hardware? my first choice is DENON DN-MC6000, then HERCULES DJ CONSOLE 4-Mx.

For table top, my first choice is CDJ 900 or 2000, then DN-HS5500

For all in one controllers?? hhhmmmm... my first choice is DN-MC6000, then the NS-7, then VCI-300...

Posted Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 9:23 pm
btw, sorry if i bump an old topic... this is the first thing i click and after reading the topic, i starter typing to ask question.

Sorry for that one

Posted Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 9:37 pm
djGroundero wrote :
Still hope i could have one, even a good pro version for free... =)

Sorry, this is not possible. We are a business, not a charity.

We very generously offer a free version of VirtualDJ for home use only, but this obviously has limitations. It is more than enough for basic mixing at home using your keyboard and mouse though. We would suggest using this to practise with while you save up money to purchase the full software and a MIDI controller of your choice if you wish to use one of these.

If your funds are limited, then we would suggest starting off with a basic low cost controller such as the popular Hercules DJ Console series, e.g: Hercules MK4

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 6:01 am
Yes... I will consider that.... thanks...

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 4:12 am
i aint got no words right now,but all i can say now is that virtual dj is the shit!!! i lo0ve it guys,keep bringin that dope ish!
SALUTE

Posted Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 6:04 am
DJTLIHome userMember since 2011
Does Virtual DJ Pro have 4 decks??

Posted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 4:54 am
Please open your own new topic rather than hi-jacking an existing one that is not related to your question in any way.

Your question has nothing to do with setting up the Tascam US144 sound card in Windows Vista.

To open a new topic, please click on the pen and paper icon at the top of the forum topic list page.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 5:15 am
I bought the broadcast edition n I still get the 10 min I'm I still something wrong or it's just the way it is ...I have used virtual for a long time but just now got a sound card ...

Posted Sun 02 Feb 14 @ 9:18 pm
VirtualDJ Broadcaster is limited software (Hence why it only costs $49) and only supports limited sound configuration options (The same as Home FREE with the exception of being able to use a microphone via your computer's built-in sound card as well as the ability to broadcast and download and use custom skins and effects.)

To be able to use external multi-channel sound cards and/or advanced sound configurations, you will need either VirtualDJ Basic or the full VirtualDJ Professional.

If you wish to purchase VirtualDJ Basic or the full Pro instead of Broadcaster, please contact support.

Posted Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 5:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)