Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Codec not found - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I tried to record my video mix, but I received an error that said "Video Codec not found" I have Windows XP and VDJ 5.2 pro.
How can i fix this?

Posted Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 10:19 am

Posted Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 10:37 am
HI,
I can record my audio mix but not the video. i tried installing a codec from that site, but I am doing something incorrect. What exactly should I install? Should this codec bepart of the Windows media player?

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 1:28 am
DJJaEPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What vid extensions do you have in your VDJ? I found some codecs I did not need to install and VDJ picked it up after addding the extension to the file.

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 2:52 am
I have the codecs in Virtual DJ that came with the software. i tried all of the extensions when i configured to record, but none of them would record. I received an error.

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 9:50 am
Best thing I'd say is to download DJ Cel's "registry editor" tool from this website (downloads section). In that youcan choose which codec to use for video recording.

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 10:01 am
No the registry was a good idea but the codecs did not work correctly.
How do I get the Microsoft MPEG4 codec? I have it on my other computer and i am able to record on it. Is there a way to get the codec from one computer , copy and paste to another? Is it a .dll? Where do i put it?

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 4:00 pm
http://www.undercut.org/msmpeg4/

This is download link I used, I didn't have any problems with it. Maybe check it with a virus scanner if you want to be cautioius.

Posted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 8:22 pm
Thanks, That download worked!

Posted Sun 12 Oct 08 @ 12:13 am
I used the MPEG4 Codec and was able to record. There is a problem with the picture. It is jumpy like a strobe effect. The picture will play jumpy when it is recording and stops if I stop recording.
How do i get a clear picture when I record? Which Codec should I be using?
Thanks

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 12:37 am
Can anyone help me with getting a clear video recording? I would appreciate the help.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 10:03 am
anyone?

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 1:23 pm
Yes ... please anyone. I am having the same problem. It runs fine as I am recording the video mix ,,, but has the strobe effect during playback as Billy said. Any help would be greatly bappreciated. I tried the download above .... no luck .... maybe i did something wrong. I've tried all of the codecs in the registry tool with no success with them. Different problem with each codec.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 6:30 pm
I also have different problems with the different codecs. Most of them will not record and have an error. When I do start the recording I can see the strobe, blurry effect, so it records this effect.
Somebody has to know why this is happening. Has anyone here tried recording? see if it works for you.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 9:56 pm
marcellodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
not working here either.. when i finally found a codec not saying "Error in the video driver", the program just says "Waiting to start...."

GAAAAAAAAAH!! It's so annoying...

Posted Tue 14 Oct 08 @ 4:47 pm
Yeah, same thing here, it looks like a strobe effect because it's recording too few frames per second. I wondered if I just hadn't set it up right, but maybe it's just not a very good feature.

If you do want to record your video though, you could try FRAPS (just google it) it's a bit of software that can record what's on your computer screen, so if you connect a tv/ second monitor for your music videos, then I assume there's a way to record them using the software.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but it might be worth a go.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 08 @ 9:43 pm
Could some of the higher powers of the Virtual DJ staff chime in here? Why are we unable to record a clear video? or is this the way the videos will record? Has anyone recorded a clear video?

Posted Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 9:58 am
I wonder why no one wants to help with getting the Virtual DJ recording of videos fixed? Does anyone know how to get V DJ record to record properly.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 08 @ 4:54 pm
This question is kind of related, I use VOB. files for mixin, but the question is how do i set Vdj to record while I'm playing on with this format?? can someone tell me How , Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!
Thank u in advanced.

Posted Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 12:34 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Recording is not fully functional yet in VDJ.

Posted Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 5:15 am
51%