Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is it possible???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

piyoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Good afternoon guys

Firtst of I got to tell you I am enjoying VDJ more than ever. It's been working great for me since atomix (around 2001). After VDJ V3.4, I started have troubles every now and then using TTs. I did finally got mad and got the DN HC4500. They sinc perfectly. I did missed using the TTs though, and I got into Serato. Give credits where it's due. I never had any issue since day one. Serato is very stable. But there is so much more you can do with VDJ, Serato is not even close. And few weeks ago I decided to used Serato Sound card with VDJ since the 5.2 give us that option, well I got to tell you I throw out both my maya44s. I started using enjoying TTs with VDj again. Now I use all 4 channels. Serato is on 1&2 with my TTs, VDJ is on 3&4 with my DN.

But anyways here is my question

1) Is it possible to use VDJ database on another computer with VDJ.
For example If I gig at a club that already has the VDJ set up is possible to just bring in my HD, load my database and play?

Thanks for your help.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 3:44 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes.

VDJ v5.2 stores the mp3database on your external HD so it's hot swappable.

Cool huh?

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 5:50 pm
piyoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djcity wrote :
Yes.

VDJ v5.2 stores the mp3database on your external HD so it's hot swappable.

Cool huh?

That's wha sup...

Let me make sure I get it right.

Which mean, I can just plug in my External HD load in my saved database (all my track infos, cue points, comments....) on the other machine and I am good to go????

If it is, someone is getting pregnant tonight...

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 5:53 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Yes, hot swapping of hard drives was put in place since v5.0...so enjoy!

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 6:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)