Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV Users: Your input please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As mentioned before in one of my posts, im looking into timecodes, im tired of people asking me when the hell im going to start using a computer to dj and stop being a dinosaur, now, I realize that 1200s are the Sh|t, i dont feel like going out and spending that kind of cash and i dont like the look, im not into scartching, what im considering is the following:

2 Numark TT500
1 Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1
1 Vestax VCI

What do you TCV experts think of this line up? I would like to stay in this ballpark when it comes to cash, although im not being loyal to one specific brand...

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 5:55 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
2 Numark TT500 - better options : Synq XTRM1/Omnitronic DD5250/Akiyama DJ4000 Acura/AMDJ HTD4.5/Citronic PD45/Reloop RP6000MK5.
1 Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 ....Audio8 is better
1 Vestax VCI

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 7:52 pm
thanks for the input, but would you mind explaining why or why not?

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 9:01 pm
Man-Tk wrote :
2 Numark TT500 - better options : Synq XTRM1/Omnitronic DD5250/Akiyama DJ4000 Acura/AMDJ HTD4.5/Citronic PD45/Reloop RP6000MK5.

umm... still... Technics SL1200/1210? You can buy them used (and cheap) on Ebay. They might be used and have some flaws but they're still the shit.

About the Audio8: it's a great soundcard but can cost you some serious money, better just buy a MAYA44 and use that saved money to buy better turntables OR (important!!) needles.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 1:14 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Got to be 1210's/1200's for me. Can't beat them.

VanStino wrote :

About the Audio8: it's a great soundcard but can cost you some serious money, better just buy a MAYA44 and use that saved money to buy better turntables OR (important!!) needles.

I agree with VanStino

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 8:52 am
Don't recommend maya44 usb PLEASE !! - it's a nightmare -
new TT like : Synq XTRM1/Omnitronic DD5250/Akiyama DJ4000 Acura/AMDJ HTD4.5/Citronic PD45/Reloop RP6000MK5. are better option than a used Technics - Some good djs that I know are talking good about these OEM TT - If you want the best Technics mk5 or m5g are the right option (forget about mk2) -
I Have 1 maya 44 , beleive me ..it's not a good soundcard , is a cheaper solution but nothing to do compared with audio8 dj or connectiv soundcard -

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 12:40 pm
marcellodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
well, now remember not all have unlimited use of cash, and that not everyone asks for what's the newest and best, but what works OK.

maya44 is good enough to make the timecodes work, but won't give that little extra output level and might have a slight less sound quality (not all can hear difference)..

tt-500 is some good turntables, and will do the job for you if you don't have any experiences with turntables..

You can buy the new glossy audi A8 for like 100 000 £. But the old 99' opel vectra for 10 000£ will do the same job getting you from A to B. Just not so classy. But it does the job. You get the point?

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 2:41 pm
I want to go from A to B without problems - Maya do the job , I know , I have one in my house , but if are pro and you don't want to have problems you must to buy a good soundcard - not audio8 dj if you haven't the money , but Conectiv soundcard is better than maya and cheaper than audio8 for example - He wants to buy 2 TT ...so we are talking about more than 600 euros for do a good job with TT , why to use a less quality soundcard ?
BTW : is not posible to win the race with your opel vectra , you can do the job with keyboard shortcuts too , but is not the point .

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 2:53 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Man-Tk wrote :
Don't recommend maya44 usb PLEASE !! - it's a nightmare -

Had mine for 5 months now, using it on XP and now Vista, and no problems what so ever, simple to use and does the job it's required to do.

Man-Tk wrote :

If you want the best Technics mk5 or m5g are the right option (forget about mk2) -

Had my 1210 mk2's for 12 years now, and no new parts in this time. Still good today as what they where when they was brand now.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 2:58 pm
jimmy b : I have 1 maya 44 too & it works but with not the best quality -
If our friend wants to buy 2 TT why to buy and old technology when he can buy the new mk5 or m5g for only a few more euros ?
I don't want to start a fight , you can love an ugly girl and nobody can tell you nothing , but please , don't say "she's beautiful" . Maya is ok , but is not a Pro solution - He is talking about to waste more than 600 euros in 2 TT (if he buy numark or Sync for ex.) ...so why to buy a cheaper soundcard ?
U can share or not my point of view , if he haven't the money he can use keyboard shortcuts or hercules mk2 -

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 3:21 pm
Man-Tk wrote :
(forget about mk2)

Nonsense. MK2 are still the king. MK5(g) are just exactly the same turntables with some more toys on it, which makes it more expensive... Really not worth the added price. Buying some used MK2's is an ideal solution. You may need to clean the inside and such, but MK2's are built like tanks, they just wont break.

The company I work with for light & sound (check blog) has doubted between the MK5g and MK2. Conclusion? We bought some more MK2's, because MK5g's are not worth the added price. Besides... all major DJ's still request the MK2 on their rider, not the MK5. There is a good reason for that.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 4:02 am
It's the first time that i read something like that . Mk2 better than mk5 ! - Come on , be serious , maybe you like the mk2 , but don't say it's better than mk5 - mk2 have the terrible point zero with click - M5g are the bomb -

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 8:12 am
VanStino wrote :

Nonsense. MK2 are still the king. MK5(g) are just exactly the same turntables with some more toys on it

Not toys on mk5 , it's only a better technology than mk2 ...even mk3 is better than mk2 -

VanStino wrote :
Buying some used MK2's is an ideal solution.

I think you are wrong .A used Technics TT never will be better than a New TT like Numark TT500 or Acura (Sync or others OEM)
First point : 2 or 3 years guarantee all in a new & virgin box -
I'm a Technics fan , for work I never use another TT , but is better to buy a new Akiyama Acura than a used technics -

VanStino wrote :
all major DJ's still request the MK2 on their rider, not the MK5. There is a good reason for that.

Where ?? mk2 is enouth for me if a go to a club , if they have this TT I haven't problems with it but if they have mk5 at least for me is better .
When you buy a used TT you never knows ....maybe you are lucky & find some good ones ...it's like when you go to buy an used car -

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 8:28 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
my 2p (thats pence to you yanks)

i hae owned a pair of TT500s for about 3 years and they still kick the shit out of anything else for torque. I have to practice on other decks or id neer be able to play out on the house 1210s because there is just so much more torque it almost makes the experience totaly different. either vestax PDX or TTX/TT500 (TT500s are just TTXs without all the fancy key lock and display malarkey).

second hand technics are a good buy as they last like tanks and if they break parts and instructions are soooo easy to get hold of. new TT500s are good decks but like anything that isnt Technics or Vestax it will have a bigger chance of breaking down (both of mine have needed a repalcement pitch) but this is not the end of the world and they do get a LOT of use.

personally i think you have the right idea with the TT500s!

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 5:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)