Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ on iphone - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Don't you just hate it when you set vdj to play a few songs on auto to go and have a fag and get talking to the customers and you hear the track coming to an end. You have to rush back through the crowd and get the next song on and some times you don't even make it.

Well i have just set up VNC lite on my iphone which I connect through a wireless router and can now control vdj from my iphone out side the pub or club and put the next song on without rushing back. Yes I know I should be at the decks all the time but I gotta have my fag (am planning on giving up).

It's really worth having a look at if you own a iphone! It great as a back up just in case but would not run the whole night from it.

If you need help setting it up just message me and I will send you instructions - would do it now but got to get to bed.

Might try it on the night tomorrow at my next gig and will let you know how it performed on the night.

Posted Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 9:42 pm
Wow, that sounds cool!

And for any american readers who don't know; fag means cigarette in the UK, not a gay person!

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 12:27 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
lol

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 3:26 pm
Nifty idea.... does it allow you to select any song or just one that is in cue? If it's in cue, why not hit the autoplay button before walking away?

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 3:59 pm
Dude thanks for the info i just installed on my ipod touch 2g and it works great.

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 4:20 pm
DJ ying is hands on, not this...

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 4:23 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Caliente123 wrote :
DJ ying is hands on, not this...

Sorry to disagree Caliente...there are times (running to the bathroom, talking to a manager, or customer etc. etc. etc.) that the auto mix comes in handy....

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 4:43 pm
True, I did the same when I had a bad lunch and ended up in the bathroom most of the night! Still kept the music going!

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 12:15 am
And don't forget, some of us are DJing in bars, strip clubs, etc... and don't need to be behind the the decks at all times. Also some of us are pulling double or even triple duty and being able to be in the booth "virtually" is a godsend. You know how many times I get called into the office in the basement to fix a computer problem while I'm trying to get songs ready for the next girl? Damn, I just might need to get an Iphone, or at least start bringing my laptop with me to remote to the gig PC.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 6:53 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It just seems daft to me, DJ'ing outside or on the crapper,

No way, not for me.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 8:55 am
the poetic use of the english language is bird song to my ears, "on the crapper" Crapper - Thomas, the man who invented the flush loo... lol

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 9:58 am
tayla wrote :
the poetic use of the english language is bird song to my ears, "on the crapper" Crapper - Thomas, the man who invented the flush loo... lol

LMAO!!!!!

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 10:27 am
Jimmy you say No Way now, but just wait til you get the squirts then what?? LOL Cool idea for the "In a Pinch" situation.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 1:24 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
Jimmy you say No Way now, but just wait til you get the squirts then what?? LOL Cool idea for the "In a Pinch" situation.

LOL, I see what you are saying brain,

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 1:28 pm
If not an iPhone, I guess you can always invest in some Depends :P

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 2:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
NO WAY!!!! DJing is a hands on thing..Depends are butts off for me.... ;-) How about catheters all the way around??

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 2:46 pm
would you be smoking good sh*t in that situation then terry

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 3:01 pm
Agreed, not the best idea to be djing from the bog or outside but it’s very useful as a back up as it takes 5 seconds to log onto your pc.

Answer to DJ Chopstix – It’s just like your sitting at your pc so you can do everything you want just like you where sitting right in front of it. Dragging songs can be a bit tricky but you get use to it very quickly.

Response to Caliente123 – Completely agree but true djing is not on a computer system either although it’s close. There is no difference from being infront of your computer or on your iphone your looking at the same screen!

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 6:09 pm
jimmy b wrote :
It just seems daft to me, DJ'ing outside or on the crapper,

No way, not for me.

exactly

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 11:37 pm
How dose it work ??? and can you do it on any more phones ???

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 5:09 am
91%