Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: looking for a new system

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

the system i have curently isnt up to the task of mixing videos so im looking to upgrade in the near future. was looking at this mobo

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3714951&CatId and with ddr3 and tri pci 16 (dont think ill

need the tri sli but nice to have with all the cool new games out not that im a big gammer and dont know what video card il go with yet but

when i build it alll up want the best i can get for around $2500 (wife gave me a cap of 3500 but i need a projector and screens and stuff)but

what do u all think of this mobo i thought is was way more than ill need but with all the cool crap out there i better get it while i can and not

have to up grade for a long time.was also thing of a quad core but i dont know if its really needed since the duos out there are really bad ass

but lets face it most of the high end stuff is all close in specs and its almost easy to chose whats needed

the really hard part is going to be what case to hold it all (having a cool system and a crappy shell isnt very keen in my thinking but most

important of the case is how well it cools all the stuff inside is most important an thoughts

also dont know if i want to try to get a legal copy of xp which is still out there some what or go for vista. ive been taking A+ classes an

learning the xp format but i just have no experance with vista whats your advice ( no there not going to start giving classes on the vista format for another year already asked

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 9:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)