Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error in the sound driver [VDJ PRO 5.2.1 + Hercules RMX] [SOLVED] - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Xonor,

No es mi caso, porque cuando utilizo la RMX como "soundcard" principal, me sale el error del "error in the soudn driver".

Por eso los del supporte me han dicho que utilize la configuracion que dije ;-)

Pero functiona hasi tambien !

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 12:27 pm
I could NOT GET MY HEADPHONES to work on both sides until I followed this advice. WTF?!?!? You think it would be easier. But thanks for all the research and sharing it with us, kids!
-DJ Terry Moran
Myspace.com/TerryMoran

Posted Thu 23 Oct 08 @ 11:06 pm
cnd782PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same issue....My RMX was working fine until I updated everything, VDJ & RMX. This is the only solution I could find for now BUT your headphones can't work! This is stupid...

I re-installed my hercules and still to no prevail. Why did this issue come up? This issue only happend when I updated my VDJ. Please find a solution and help...

temporer wrote :
Hey there ;-)

Sorry for my late reply !

But Yes, I finally sorted it out !!! I contacted the VDJ support, and they simply told me to use another sound configuration, so here is the conf:
You simply have to choose the "4-out card" in the soundcards, and then selects the Hercules RMX in the field "driver 1", and then I select the output channels as "Master: chan 1&2 Headphones : chan 3&4"...

And then it works just fine !

For the moment, this solution is OK, but I hope it has nothing to do with lack of sound quality or less usability of my Hercules RMX...I will test further on and revert ;-)

Thanks anyway for your helpful help SpinnaJ :-D

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 7:57 pm
cnd782PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same issue....My RMX was working fine until I updated everything, VDJ & RMX. This is the only solution I could find for now BUT your headphones can't work! This is stupid...

I re-installed my hercules and still to no prevail. Why did this issue come up? This issue only happend when I updated my VDJ. Please find a solution and help...

Posted Wed 29 Oct 08 @ 7:58 pm
Hi cnd782,

1) Have you no sound in your headphones issue with both VirtualDJ DJC 5 and with VirtualDJ Pro 5 or only with VirtualDJ Pro 5?

2) If you have this issue only with VirtualDJ Pro 5, what is your sound setting?
Are the output channels set as "Master: chan 1&2 / Headphones : chan 3&4"?

Posted Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 5:55 pm
hello
i have the same issue with mine it should be another way i try all of them

Posted Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 4:09 pm
snmtazzPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Worked for me !!!! THANKS!!!

DJ Matt

Posted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 11:17 am

Posted Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 2:11 pm
estropPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi! I'm a Mac(Tiger) User and Hercules RMX dj console. I've just downloaded from the Virtual DJ website the last pro version of their software. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried different things but keep saying the same message "protection error %i" . All my firmwares are updated.
Any idea on what to do? Help please!

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 11:20 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Contact support for this. They will help u;)

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 12:07 pm
estropPRO InfinityMember since 2008
thank you.

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 6:13 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Glad u got it sorted;)

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 6:45 am
my audio set up window doesn't let me rename anything!!! there s no button as described in this thread!!!

Posted Mon 15 Dec 08 @ 5:53 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 2:42 am
gleshkaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
OMG SAME HAPPEND TO ME...
TY:)) YOU SAVE ME:))

Posted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 1:45 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have created a WIKI page - http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ErrorSndDriver_RMX.html

From Made in Breizh blog - I have copied the information - Thank you for the great information it has help a lot of people - credit given on the Wiki page.

You can access the information from the link above OR by going to the Hercules Wiki page and there is a link under the RMX section.

Posted Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 11:19 am
tech126Home userMember since 2008
I've done the previous steps as outlined but still have the error message when I choose rmx dj console as the sound card..Also, inputs 1/2 and 3/4 is a no go..No sound at all can be input when the source button is pressed..Only way to get sound in is when I change usb streaming+ input 1/2 but I have no control on the volume or anything..

HELP!!

Posted Mon 02 Feb 09 @ 12:49 am
Hello tech126,

1) If you use VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition, you must NOT choose the Rmx DJ Console as default sound card for Mac OS.
If you set the Rmx as Mac OS default sound card, VirtualDJ 5 DJC cannot detect the Rmx sound card any longer.
Please keep the Mac integrated sound card as Mac OS default sound card.
Forget Windows XP/Vista habits to set the last sound card connected as the new default sound card: in Mac OS, your default sound card remains your computer integrated sound card.

2) The activation of inputs 1-2 and inputs 3-4 is a function of the DJ software, it is not a hardware mixing (otherwise you would not be able to equalize the external inputs in VirtualDJ), so first restore Mac OS default sound card, then use VirtualDJ 5 DJC and you will use the Rmx input 1-2 and input 3-4.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 3:49 am
I have been having the same problem!!! I just purchased rmx last week and I cant even get it to work. I tried the arragate thing but I still keep getting the same error in sound driver message. I only have the software that came with it but I thought that it would at least work. I am going to try to get in touch with someone on the phone. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. It sucks having my machine but not being able to use it at all.

By the way.......How good is the pro edition? I dont want to buy it and still have the same problem. I already feel as if I got robbed, no need to throw good money after bad.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 2:55 am
I just got myself macbook pro and have the hercules rmx too. Tried the solution that was in the forum and it works but it blocked the use of the 2 line ins/ phono in of the hercules rmx for my additional inputs. any suggestions/ solutions?

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 9:38 pm
69%