Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText Plug In - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Last night I decided to play around with SBDJ ScrollText and "flash" some happy birthdays to some folks.

It worked fine EXCEPT when I would go back to the browser to look for the next song I could not type in the search box. I had to shut down ScrollText before I could type. It seemed as though the keyboard was still assigned to the ScrollText box?

Anybody ever had this issue or know what's the deal?

Posted Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 11:25 am
Mine does that on Text2d as well, just minimizing vdj and clicking anywhere in the windows desktop then maximizing vdj usually works. But I am with ya on this I too am wondering why it happens.

Posted Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 3:12 pm
marcellodjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
remember i had this problem on text2d a while ago...

what i found out was that what i tried to write in the search box were written in the text2d text-area... try to go to the plugin page and click outside the text-area or something and see if that helps?

Posted Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 4:04 pm
When TEXT2D was released earlier 2007 I mentioned in a post that same problem and was told to do something but it never worked so I leave notepad open on my desktop and randomlly type a letter... when i go back to VDJ my keyboard works with it again. This has been an issue from the get go but nobody has fixed it so I live with it!

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 5:20 pm
i had that problem to! i always have windows notepad in the background so when this happens, i just click on that and type a letter and everything is fine!

Posted Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 6:52 pm
Well thanks for the tips guys but no luck with the problem. I tried the one suggestion clicking outside the box with no luck.
I didn't try the two things that involved the notepad and minimizing VDJ. When I first started with 4.0 doing video I had some terrible crashes when I minimized VDJ and I've never done it since. I will give that a try at home, I didn't want to risk a freeze last night in "da club".

I'm at least glad to hear this is a little bug and I was not being REALLY stupid, I'm good to go with being kinda stupid.

Thanks for the help. :^)

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 9:51 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djrenee wrote :
Well thanks for the tips guys but no luck with the problem. I tried the one suggestion clicking outside the box with no luck.
I didn't try the two things that involved the notepad and minimizing VDJ. When I first started with 4.0 doing video I had some terrible crashes when I minimized VDJ and I've never done it since. I will give that a try at home, I didn't want to risk a freeze last night in "da club".

I'm at least glad to hear this is a little bug and I was not being REALLY stupid, I'm good to go with being kinda stupid.

Thanks for the help. :^)

Must be something specific causing it - I've not had this problem on any of the machines I've tested it on... thanks for letting me know though guys, I'll look into it. I can't think of anything I can do about it though off the top of my head. I don't implement anything special for text input, it's just a text box. I don't assign or capture it in any way. Most odd.

DJ Renee, the minimize issue is easy to fix - don't run the main VDJ skin window maximized - run it as a window. You will then be able to minimize at will with no issues, and it won't look any different if your skin resolution is the same as your screen resolution :)

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 3:58 pm
Thanks Scott:)

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 4:18 pm
Definately a strange one. I'll have to try it out on a bunch of PCs to see if I can find one that has the same issue, and work from there.

Anyone have any information on the suggested fix for Text2D? Snce it also uses a custom GUI with text input and apparently has the same issue it might give me a starting point...

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 4:45 pm
Well Scott I also tried it on my backup computer..... it does the same thing. Just for the hell of it I tried it on the computer that I surf the net with which is full of all kinds of junk. It worked fine on the that one...... no issue. How bizzare....

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 6:10 pm
So there must be something different about the computers... I wonder if it's a library issue or something like that...

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 6:16 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
never had any problems with the version i've got scott, would it be helpful if one or two had the original version for comparison ?

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 6:17 pm
Original version of ScrollText? Eh?

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 6:22 pm
oop's , sorry everyone and scott, for some reason i got that and random plug in mixed up, never mind scott the look of amazement in your text you can take me out and shoot me in the back of the knee caps... me idiot.

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 7:42 pm
I'll let you off this time, but don't let it happen again!

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 7:51 pm
cheers, now call the dogs off please... especially the brunette she is def' canine, lol

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 7:57 pm
LOL!

I'll just let you buy me beer next time I'm oop norf ;)

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 8:02 pm
Testing.... 1234......

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 8:04 pm
djrenee wrote :
Those Limey's can handle their whiskey...

Quoted for posterity ;)

Finally an American admits us Brits can drink. I certainly proved a few wrong when I was DJ'ing over in Boston a few times ;)

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 8:06 pm
i lost my serial number for vDJ

Posted Sun 21 Sep 08 @ 8:08 pm
61%