Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: screen freeze

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

has anyone out there sorted the problen with screen freezes tried lots of stuff hints from users ect.is it a software proble? want to buy hercules rmx but whats the point with this happening

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 11:42 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
mine is working fine, all your drivers upto date and using 5.2.1 ?

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 11:47 am
yes i just downloaded 5.2.i.how will i know if my drivers are up to date.totally love vjd its a lifesaver just want ny gigs to go without fuss.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 11:57 am
AlexSchPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djstaffy wrote :
yes i just downloaded 5.2.i.how will i know if my drivers are up to date.totally love vjd its a lifesaver just want ny gigs to go without fuss.

Do you use a Midi Controller and does it happen when the MIDI Controler isn't plugged in?

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 10:11 am
there doesn't seems to be an answer as it is all across the board with all kinds of set-ups and combinations of set-ups. Some work perfectly and some have the freezing problem to different degrees. I have been through 5 different complete rebuilds and several upgrades within those rebuilds and even though I know have an absolutley smoking system it stillget freezez on certain videos so I'm thinking sometimes the encoding on the video is just enough out of wack that the codec or VDJ gets confused for a second or two.

For me it seems to be on the same videos all the time (although some will freeze moentarily on one system and not on the other) on the same system, i.e. the videos that freeze on system 1 always freeze on system 1 but not always on system 2 and the ones that freeze on system 2 always freeze on system 2 but not all of them frezze on system 1. That's as far as I have it narrowed down. More often than not it is mpg2 and divz videos that freeze for me, the vast majority of my mp4s (like 99%) work fine.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 12:17 pm
AlexSchPRO InfinityMember since 2008
For me i found following solution with no freeze the last days.
My setup is a VJD Pro with M-Audio Firewire Audiophile and Numark total Control
I tested with a few different Hardware Setups with some very frustrating gigs when i want to throw away the whole setup and could identify 2 problems.
First was the Asio4All v2 Driver.
I took now the M-Audio Asio FW Driver, since changing this 2 Drivers my system has never frozen agan !!
Just test it. Lookimg imn my Systemmonior shows me half of process.
The second is a little bit more tricky
Its the USB cable. Both Soundcard and NTC have there own powerpackage and energy options for USB is disabled. But sometimes he NTX loose the connection and i can't access VDJ.
You can disconnect the cable and you will get back control over VDJ with the mouse.
Then plug in again your NTC and reactivate the NTC.
It tested a lot of cables best is an very old cable witch was coming with an HP printer. It has no little Filters at the end and is anly 75 cm long.

Hope this help someone else

cu Alex

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 4:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)