Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: RMX 6+6 buttons config v1.0 by DJCel for Virtual DJ 5.2 - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

does anybody know if there is a new mapper that saves the setup config when u close vdj instead or erasing and making us setting up everytime we starty it up?

Posted Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 3:25 pm
pOpYDJPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey, I have open a support ticket with this issue. The bug will be fixed in new versions.

cu
pOpY

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 2:02 am
Bonjour, serait-il d'avoir une aide pour savoir comment installé ce plugin pour Mac ?

Merci d'avance.

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 11:42 am
ok.. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue..

the buttons get erased on every restart. and revert to the original configuration.

I read a post regarding the RMx steel.. they are mapping the control manualy in thr midi config. It works for the Rmx steel.. but not for the reg RMX. for example.. if i map button (1) for a hotcue.. in the midi.. it works... even after Re-boot... ***BUT** then the button starts doing 2 things at the same time,.. in this case.. it does a loop and a cue. Then must change the action fot that button to a "blank" and it will work ok.. AGAIN.... AFTER RESTART... THE WHOLE PROCCES HAS TO BE REPEATED.

I hope there will be a fix for this.. SOON

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 4:59 pm
Are you using the 32-band equalizer plugin, making multiple copies, re-naming them 1,2,3,4,etc , and using these as your blanks?

Matt.

Posted Sat 07 Mar 09 @ 6:07 pm
The FX SLots reseted every time you start VDJ with RMX selected as your soundcard. If you select an other soundcard the slots will be not reseted after restart.

cu
pOpY

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 8:25 am
thats weird, so lets say i was using my rmx for a gig and before i shut down, i should change my soundcard setup, so it doesnt change?

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 11:23 am
You could try this. But ill think the best solution for this is to wait for next version, where this bug should be fixed.

cu
pOpY

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 11:42 am
next version of the mapping u mean?

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 11:44 am
No i doesnt mean the mapper. The Mapper works very well. Ill talking about the FX Buttons of the RMX (1-6). I you choos a skin where you can configure the effects on this buttons, this settings where deleted if you are using RMX console as soundcard. This bug has nothing to do with this mapper.

cu
pOpY

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 11:57 am
so by the next version, u mean the next version of the software or the rmx driver?

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 11:58 am
of VDJ!

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 12:02 pm
haha sorry, its been a long weekend..;-P

Posted Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 12:12 pm
yeah Matt..

I tried the 32 eq and also the tex effect... same issue..

What I did find out is that if I choose the vdjpc skin.. (the one that looks like the rmx)... sorry can't htink of te skin name at the moment.
anyway.. If I use that skin...wich does not have any video.... then it works.. after re-boot... I can make the changes in any of the othe skins that have the effect options... then get back into this skin and the effect are there....

However... I prefer a different skin that includes video and the ability to see the other options... effects, samples and really need to see what loop is being activated...(1/2 , 1, 8 16 etc.)

As far as the sound card.... I'll have to try that.

I also tried to use onlu the Midi config... but again... it reverts to original configuration on the (6+6 buttons)... for now I'll just have to write everything down so I have it handy for a gig.

I need to make some $$$

Thanks for all your help guys/gals

Mario from the bario

Posted Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 2:26 pm
C:\Documents and Settings\Digital\Documenti\VirtualDJ\Plugins\SoundEffect

i dont have this on my computer and i tried to download the rmx 1 configuration and my computer says it cant run this program or something like that.
someone help me please on how to install the sound effect on the 6 button otherwise ill go back on my m2k which i dont want too.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 11:07 am
reply to jean..

you might have a pop up blocker or somekind of antivurus blocking the install.

As far as the audio sound card solution,,, IT WORKS.. JUST BEFORE EXITING THE PROGRAM CHANGE IT TO A DIFFERENT SOUND CARD... INSTEAD OF THE RMX... AFTER RE-BOOT IT WILL GIVE YOU AN ERROR.. IGNORE IT AND ONCE IN THE S/W CHANGE IT BACK TO THE RMX. AND ALL THE CHANGES STAY.

THIS BEATS CHNAGING ALL 12 BUTTONS....

THANKS ALOT GUYS/GALS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK

Posted Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 8:28 pm
@mariogperez: Thanks for the confirmation and the temporarily solution.

Hoping the next verison is comming soon!

cu
pOpY

Posted Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 1:06 am
no problem..

Another solution i have found totally by accident is the following:

I had upgraded to the pro version and followd instructions on doing so.. but After the Re-installation on the windows software from scratch
I installed the virtual dj software first (from the file that was downloaded via email).. THEN I INSTALLED THE HERCULES DRIVER FROM THE CD THAT SHIPED WITH TTHE UNIT. And gues what!!! it worked... flwalesly... all the configuration to all the buttons stay even after re-boot.. to any skin I choose. I'm stumped at why this procedure works... I'm thinking that there is something in the original install CD that was creating the problem.

I don't want to confuse anybody... I hope this helps others that where having issues.

Thanks

Mario

Posted Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 6:53 pm
guys i have figured it out about the 6+6 buttons
Since i had the m2k still installed, i deleted all files with virtual dj and hercules.
Reinstall everything back, download the effects.
Once you download the virtual dj pro, you go back again to the djcedition steep pc, there you can go to the 6 button and choose which effects you want to put, no need to download anything of like rmx 1 configuration thing.
It works like a charm lol, im loving the rmx now. let's hope this helps anyone out there

Posted Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 2:13 pm
louraHome userMember since 2009
Thanxxxxxxxxxxx man

Posted Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 10:41 pm
84%