Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is it ok for professional

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all,

Ok heres the scenario. I currently dj with normal Denon CD decks and i played around with virtual dj a few months back and thort it was quite good.

I have looked into this new hercules rmx mixer...my question to you all is whats this equipment like....is it good enough for me to switch from cd to mp3 mixing.....this would obviously mean buying a laptop but if its that good i will switch.

Whats our opinion guys

Thanks

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 3:54 pm
Don't, simply don't. It's good for home use or just something to mess around with but as for doing gigs with it just get something like the Numark iCDX, Pioneer CDJ-400, Denon S-1200, or anything else that can be used as a midi controller. You can still use VDJ with these products.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 3:59 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJSpecter wrote :
Don't, simply don't. It's good for home use or just something to mess around with but as for doing gigs with it just get something like the Numark iCDX, Pioneer CDJ-400, Denon S-1200, or anything else that can be used as a midi controller. You can still use VDJ with these products.

I disagree Specter, respectfully. I did a six hour wedding Saturday night with my EXF rack two PCs and the RMX. Worked like a charm..I did not exceed 30% of my systems volume level. There were 250 guests..I would not hesitate to do that again either....NO CDs, or CD players.....

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 4:03 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
DJSpecter wrote :

I disagree Specter, respectfully. I did a six hour wedding Saturday night with my EXF rack two PCs and the RMX. Worked like a charm..I did not exceed 30% of my systems volume level. There were 250 guests..I would not hesitate to do that again either....NO CDs, or CD players.....

really...I don't know I can see it being good for a small party, but in my opinion there's just too many issues with the hardware to use it for anything big, but it's good to hear though that it went off without any issues.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 4:09 pm
If im right in saying so virtual dj is very easy to beat match? (i dont know if im correct in saying this as i only tried it once)

With the Denon mixers, can you still use these sort of functions

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 4:11 pm
HammerHorner wrote :
If im right in saying so virtual dj is very easy to beat match? (i dont know if im correct in saying this as i only tried it once)

With the Denon mixers, can you still use these sort of functions

VDJ imo does a really good job with beat matching though sometimes you have to still tinker with it but for the most part it's dead on

and yes

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 4:12 pm
ok. I was at a dj equipment store today and they had the Numark iCDX there....looked nice bit of equipment. i believe they are cd compatible also ???

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 4:13 pm
HammerHorner wrote :
ok. I was at a dj equipment store today and they had the Numark iCDX there....looked nice bit of equipment. i believe they are cd compatible also ???

Yes and DVD and HD..they are a multi purpose controller/player. Very nice bit of kit.....

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 4:17 pm
at the lower end of the market does the Numark DMC2 work with vdj? soz for asking alot of questions lol

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 4:22 pm
No need to be sorry that is the entire point behind these forums ;-) is too ask questions. Yes the DMC2 is compatible with VDJ as is the Total Control. Let me ask you this, what are you hoping to achieve? Professional Mobile DJ set up? A nice mobile system you can get serious with if needed, but mostly just for playing around on? Or a hard install at a club?

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 4:26 pm
proffesional mobile set up...

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 2:04 pm
I use the RMX for gigging & it's perfectly fine with WDM drivers & VDJ Pro (home edition only lets you use ASIO). Using timecode or the external inputs (those require ASIO) gave me nothing but problems and don't look to do much scratching with the jogs, but for basic mixing/ beat matching using WDM drivers it's excellent;^]

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 3:48 pm
I go moblie alot latley, All I take is my laptop, DAC-2, Rane Mixer, and my powered Mackies. Simple yet professional and easy to setup and break down.
It is all installled rackmounted. and don't forget the Sonic Maximizer.

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 9:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)