Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtual vinyl info needed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to get virtual vinyl, but have many questions. Does it work better with Cue or Virtual DJ? My laptop runs on Vista. How does it compare to Serto? Can I use a standard old mixer or do I need USB? Any and all info helps. Thanks!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 11:13 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Virtual Vinyl is a All in one package.

It consists of Numark Cue (VirtualDJ, but under the Numark name), A professional Interface/soundcard, Timecoded vinyls and CD's

It will run on Vista and you can use a normal mixer with it, as for the comparison with Serato, I've never used Serato so I can't make a comment.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 11:27 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why would you buy VirtualVinyl if you have VirtualDJ Pro ?

You are only missing an ASIO soundcard that has INPUTs and OUTPUTs.
And then the vinyl if you are going to use Turntables. If you are going to use CD players then you can download (for free) the timecode signal from our website.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 11:53 am
What sound card would you recommend? What price do they usually run? Would that be cheaper than buying the whole package?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:00 pm
Not sure what the pricing is in your country or what online source you would use... but yes, you would save a bit getting what you are missing instead of re-buying the whole package. Plus, if you were willing to buy the whole package then you can put that kind of money towards a good soundcard.

But to answer your question - Maya44 USB for a good low-cost soundcard. Most will tell you the quality is not that good but I think it's fine for the cost.

A bit more expensive, a bit better quality -- UDJ46 XL - a bit better than the Maya44 and still in the affordable range.

The current best quality for the $$ - Audio8 DJ -- this card costs, but the quality makes up for it.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:17 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:17 pm
Just so I am clear.... I just need the sound card and then buy the virtual vinyl timecoded records and use it with Virtual DJ. Or can I use any timecoded albums?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:21 pm
You can use the VirtualDJ or VirtualVinyl timecodes which are the same timecode.
You can use a noisemap time code like the Serato vinyl
You can use the MsPinky time code from MsPinky, Reflex, PCDJ Scratch

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:35 pm
Thanks for everyone's help!!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:38 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
illyblaze wrote :
Just so I am clear.... I just need the sound card and then buy the virtual vinyl timecoded records and use it with Virtual DJ. Or can I use any timecoded albums?

Yes, all you need is a 4in, 4out soundcard. For the timecode Vinyls, you can order them from this site.

The vinyls you can use are VirtualDj's own, Numark timecoded Vinyls, Serato timecoded vinyls (if you are using 5.1 and above) and Ms pinkys one.

Damn, to late again, lol

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)