Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DN-HS5500 - Can you use TWO of these right now?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So, I hooked up one of my units to the new 5.2 for a quick spin. Awesome job - such an improvement that we have platter movement now, on the right track, that's for sure. I know that 2 layers are supported - but my question is whether or no 2 decks at one time are supported? Not necessarily to use all 4 layers, but to have 2 independent controllers of 1 layer for VDJ.

I read somewhere that someone was going to look into this, but I am not sure what the outcome was, or whether it was answered that this type of support will be coming out with the next update?

Anyway, just to tell you all again - I am so happy that this 5.2 has support for the HS5500 which is such an awesome controller!!!

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 3:29 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
they deck supports 2 deck controlls from one unit and remote controll option from another desk via a ethernet cable.
so if VDJ allows you to connect one deck for controll of the two internal decks within one single controller I don't see why you can't daisy chain it and use the other deck to controll the seperate deck.

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 11:04 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The short answer for now is no.

Posted Tue 19 Aug 08 @ 11:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)