Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: building a pc, help picking out parts

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SC300PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Mother board: DG33TLM G33 775 mATX Motherboard

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7200

Memory: 3Gb

Internal Hard drive: 1TB

Video card:?

Sound card: Hercules MK2 (for now)

Operating System: XP Pro

Power Supplies: ?

Fans Cooling:?

Bit: 32bit

I\'m building a desktop computer that will ONLY be used for virtualdj. I want to build a computer that will last me long without any problems and can do gigs 12hrs max without letting me down. So far these are some parts that I will put on the computer. I will be running XP pro. I will do video and i have no decided on a video card. Can someone help me pick out a video card, I want something that is not a piece of shit or the best you can get in other words i want a good video card something thats enough to run video mixing with virtual dj. For the fans I dont have a clue on what i should get but i want something that will keep the computer cool for a couple of hours in a gig. I dont know what are some good power supplies or how much i should get to run all this for a gig. how many watts should i get? what are some good brand power supplies that are at an ok price range. please help me out choose some of the parts. BTW i will be getting my parts from http://microcenter.com since it is close by.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 5:12 pm
Anyone?

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 10:01 am
Go with a ATI video card even though I personally like NVIDIA better there seems to be less issues with ATI using VirtualDJ than NVIDIA. An ATI X1050 or better should be good enough for Video.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 10:15 am
Thanks, what should i get though directX 10 or 9, whats the difference?

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 10:21 am
no need to worry xp doesn't support dx10

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 11:15 am
Well than whats the best video card (DirectX 9) that I can get with a budget of 100 dollars? ( ATI or nividia, I herd nividia has problems?)

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 11:40 am
drzincPRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you are going to do video get ATI . They have a set of cards called HD which decode HD video and have dual heads one that will output HD video. They have also releasing a AIW card again which will allow you to watch and record HDTV. Look here for details.
http://www.diamondmm.com/AIWHD3650PM.php The rest of your system is great but a word of caution buy a small drive for the inside of your pc 200 gb and get the 1 tb put into an external case.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 11:56 am
Too many users have had problems with DX10 cards, Virtual DJ and Windows XP. If you don't mind Vista, ATI's HD4850 series cards are superb for their value, the HD3850 isn't bad either.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 1:06 pm
varayuHome userMember since 2008
good

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 1:18 pm
Well than whats the best video card (DirectX 9) that I can get with a budget of 100 dollars? ( ATI or nividia, I herd nividia has problems?)...............how many watts should i get for the power?

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 1:24 pm
Andrew87 wrote :
Too many users have had problems with DX10 cards, Virtual DJ and Windows XP. If you don't mind Vista, ATI's HD4850 series cards are superb for their value, the HD3850 isn't bad either.

Agreed and with the fan Fix the card doesnt run hot!!!

Since u are building a computer with high specs, I would go with Vista.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 1:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)