Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sample volume

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have downloaded many samples and created my own. How do I make them louder? I have the sample volume maxed up to 10 but when a sample is played with a song they are much lower in volume.

Also Is there a way to increase the recording volume?

Posted Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 11:55 pm
The sample comes out of both channels, so if you only have one deck playing then the sound is going to be half the volume it could be as opposed to when the crossfader allows both channels to be heard. Try stopping the deck that you're not using, and with the crossfader in the middle, let a sample go.......it should be much louder. Just mono/stereo stuff.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 12:08 am
No , it is still the same volume.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 9:01 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You might need to bring the samples into Audacity or Audition, or another similar program, and increase the volume they are recorded at. I have to do that often....

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 9:03 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sometimes the samples are recorded low by nature. if you don't have an audio tool you can use VDJ to rerecord the audio
using the auto gain feature to help bring the peak back to 0db. after you record the sample then use the new louder version
to put into VDJ sample Board.

Another method is to turn down the Channel Volumes on the internal mixer (Virtual DJ Mixer not your external) just a notch.
turn the sample volume up. it will make the samples louder than the music. but the music can still be loud because you have controll
on the external mixer... get it..

have fun
DJ SMG!

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 8:46 am
HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE VOLUME OF YOUR RECORDED OUTPUT?

follow these steps:
1. turn your GRIN level to the right. It is a small circle located below the number 1 tab.
2. adjust the CROSSFADER to your side.
3. then, HAPPY RECORDING!

believe me, IT WORKED.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 5:34 pm
qonhvdhPRO InfinityMember since 2008
yes sample volume is affected when you playing a song.It doesn't matter if you are using one deck or both at the same time.A good advice is to use a different software to do that.I use sony sound forge audio to do that.Just me it is a great tool to have.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 6:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)