Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BIG PROBLEM! VDJ won't start!?!?!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all,

This is new. I tried out the new CDN88 skin last night, which worked Ok (just a little small on my screen).

Now when I try to restart VDJ, I get the splash screen, the program minimised in the task bar, but that's it. It won't maximise.

It looks normal in the task manager list, and I haven't changed any other settings.

Help!

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 12:25 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure:

--- First solution ---
------------
1) Right-click on your VirtualDJ icon (desktop / start menu / or VirtualDJ directory - dependings on how you start the program)

2) Select "properties" then "run" and select "normal window"

3) Launch VirtualDJ

--- Second solution --- (after tried first one)
---------------

1) Move your last used skin files (CDN as you said) to another temp directory

2) Start VirtualDJ -> another skin is used (default one) then exit

3) Move again your CDN skin files to initial directory (VirtualDJSkin)

4) Launch VirtualDJ one more time

----------------
Tell us the result,

Clax

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 12:33 am
Thanks Clax.

Option 1 made no difference.

Option 2 - if I move the numark skin out of the VDJ directory, I get this error after the splash screen when trying to start VDJ: Invalid Skin File (error line %i in the xml)

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 12:57 am
It has happened to me a few times. Don't know why. This is how I fixed it: From the ADD & REMOVE window, remove VDJ from the hard drive. Go to your PROGRAMS FOLDER and delete the folder for VDJ. Re-Start your computer. Now install VDJ again. It should work fine now. How much memory do you have? It used to happen with more frequency when I had 512MB of memory. After I upgraded to 1GB it has happened maybe once. Hope the info. helps.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 1:13 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I had that with a skin 2048*768 only when VDJ starts. I have 512 Mo of RAM

Only go into [regedit] and put back the skin by default, useless to remove VDJ. If you use multisessions:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | VirtualDJ
otherwise
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE |Software | VirtualDJ

then change the string value "Skin" by "Default:1027x768"

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 1:36 am
Thanks! The reg edit worked, once I changed the value to 1024, not 1027 ;-)

Many thanks!

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 2:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
oh yes of course sorry for that

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 12:41 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Happy for you that it works now.
Good mix

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 5:50 pm
FLyZzerHome userMember since 2008
I had that with a skin 2048*768 only when VDJ starts. I have 512 Mo of RAM

Only go into [regedit] and put back the skin by default, useless to remove VDJ. If you use multisessions:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | VirtualDJ
otherwise
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE |Software | VirtualDJ

then change the string value "Skin" by "Default:1027x768"

hey

quick question

how do i make it default?

Cheers

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 12:13 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
a four year old thread must be hitting a record, i think you need a finders fee FLyZzer... lol

Posted Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 7:08 pm
the four year old thread is a KEEPER. as long as people uses virtual dj this 4yr old thread will always come up. Thank you very much for the great support. Keep up the excellent work, perhaps in the future when vdj upgrades their version you can also fix this problem "skin file" so Tayla wont have to notice how old this thread is... just kidding. hehehe

nevertheless, I did the regedit and changed the values and still have the annoying popup button "invalid skin file.. blah blah blah" and tried to restart my laptop, didn't work still invalid, so all the values changed and I uninstalled the program v5.2 pro and re-installed it. no more skin error file.. lets see if it actually works, if not .. i will be back.

Posted Sun 26 Apr 09 @ 5:06 pm
gusguHome userMember since 2010
ok same issue as everyone here but it starts when my skin folder is located in deskop but only when its there i want it to stay in my documents in vdj folder but it wont only when in the desktop

Posted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 6:36 pm
DjSliftHome userMember since 2011
oay so i have VDJ home free and just today when i tried to open it it says invalid skin error:line 0 and i have the default skin on ive never changed it what do i do

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 5:28 pm
when i click the vdj icon the starting thing comes up and then it goes off and i can see the desctop home screen and if i press an sample it woud play but i can see the virtual dj decks or songs

Posted Sun 01 Apr 12 @ 11:40 am
i have that same issue how do i get into [regedit] or something im lost

Posted Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 3:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)