Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Enable smart _scratch - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'll write you the simplest I can:
1) put the arrow of the mouse onto the vinyl;
2) push the left button of the mouse;
3) keeping push it, move the vinyl like showed in the following picture;
4) move the vinyl both toward left (clockwise direction) and toward right (anti-clockwise direction);

P.S: I don't know how a normal person could explain you better it;-)

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 1:11 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sischo... you must have kids. Only a parent can have that kind of patience, lol! But... I have to test it further. I looked all over on the Mac version for it and I don't see any option anywhere. Am I an idiot or is it Windows only? I'm scared for the response. If I'm an idiot, I'll have to tell my wife she's been right all these years.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 7:37 pm
lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
What does this feature do?

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 8:37 pm
lack1 wrote :

Let me try to explain it this way. Lets say the work Wick-E is used to describe the sound of a basic (aka baby) scratch. Wick-E is two syllables, just like the basic scratch has two movements; forward and backward movement of the record. Forward is Wick sound and backward is E sound. With this feature enabled it will mute the backward movement. So your scratch will just make the Wick sound... and mute the E sound. Without this feature enabled, you would have to coordinate the movement of your crossfader with the movement of the record to mute that sound. This just makes it easier to perform more complex scratches without working the crossfader and the record at the same time. Hope that helps.

If you're not sure what all this is about, it would be recommended to do some research on turntablism. It's available in many books and how-to videos. This comment is not meant with any disrespect or sarcasm. Just a suggestion to help everyone understand the basics of scratching. I am not even close to being a battle / scratch DJ. I do enough to make people at a club think I'm cool. It's a very difficult craft to master that takes a lot of time and practice to get it right.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 10:56 pm
lack1 wrote :

Lack1, I give up.
Without trying it's impossibile to understand any new feature
You are an "experienced professional user" like me and in my opinion it's inadmissible you don't understand what scratch means.
I'm sorry for you but I let you in good hands of other people

HiTower wrote :
I looked all over on the Mac version for it and I don't see any option anywhere.

Did you search for among shortcuts??
I don't know whether MAC version has it or not

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 6:06 am
sicho... thanks for the suggestion. I'll take another look and see if I overlooked it the first time.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:27 pm
You are welcome HiTower.
Just tell me if you found it;-)

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:39 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, there are this feature on mac version too;)

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:46 pm
I guess I definitely overlooked it. I may graduate from the baby scratch now, lol!

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:51 pm
HiTower wrote :
I guess I definitely overlooked it. I may graduate from the baby scratch now, lol!

Hehehe!

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 6:19 pm
lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for all of your help.........I am still using version 3.4 because it has never crashed on me live. I only use the 5.2 version to play around with.

Thanks again

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 8:11 pm

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 5:30 am
im disappointed to hear that hitower...

Posted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 11:02 am
ghettotech wrote :
im disappointed to hear that hitower...

Hear what?

Posted Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 1:10 am
that your graduating from the scratch 101 coz of this feature...

Posted Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 7:25 pm
Just joking around about that. I still don't know how to enable that function. Still, I'm not going to front either. I'm a 201 scratch guy. No better than that, though. No crab walk here. I just don't have the time to perfect that skill. Wish I was better, but I'm not. Mad props to those with skillz. I more than make up for it in other areas, though. If I get better on the cut, it will be because of practice, not smart scratch. As I'm sure you're aware, a function like that really can't really do anything. The back drag is essential in creating a cut for a club. As for battle, it won't do anything.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 11:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)