Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Ain't things gone quiet in here lately

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Got to say this, it's been bugging me for a few days now. Is it me or has things gone quiet and slow in here lately. Been speaking to a couple of other guys who come here, via email and they both agree.

To liven it up abit, here's something we can discuss should Jimmy B and his mate Tayla be made up, loooooooooooooool, only messing around, or am I *evil laugh*

It just seems abit strange and different than it was, when I first stumbled upon this forum and VirtualDJ over 15 months ago, wow that long ago.

Agree or Disagree. Any thought's lads and lasses (there are a few).

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 11:01 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree it been dull lately but it is summer time and vacations are a must.

I would love to get user more involved, but the question is "what is somerthing users think the forum lacks and would be fun to add?"

I personally would like to see monthy mix contests, fun things.... maybe a sponser to donate a prizes, in exhange for ads on the site or a link to their products. One hand washes the other. ;)

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 11:15 am
i agree.......... not alot of complaining......... everyone is getting along......... boring!!!!! lol

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 11:18 am
As one whose guilty of being a little quiet.....I think most of it has to do with not really having issues with the software as before. I still log on, and read through some posts though. Where's Chuck and AMAHM ?, they always liven things up a bit.........

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 11:46 am
Yeah does seem pretty quiet, always seems to happen in the summer months. A cool idea I've seen in another forum which may liven the Music Discussion forum up is 'back to mine'. Users upload a 60-80minute mix of a specific genre, e.g. House and then give a track by track overview of each track which has gone into the mix. The description contains information about why you've chosen the track, i.e. it's importance to you.

A few 'good will' rules include not playing a majority of your tracks by the same artist or too many back to back, keeping each track around 2 - 3 minutes and maybe adding some jingles over the mix so that people can't re-rip the recording.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 12:24 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've been a user for about 5 years now.
When I first joined the forum it was reasonably busy, the updates suddenly started coming thick and fast, and the forum became very busy, so busy that you could type out a post, refresh in about 2 minutes and you'd typically have several responses.

Nowadays, it is quiet compared to then (2005-2006), whether it is summer or not, these forums just aren't as busy as then.

When you think about the journey that's been made in digital DJ'ing, it was a very new thing just a few years ago, now it has become accepted and normal, there is far less to talk about on the subject.

Software has become so advanced that there is no reason anyone would argue that hardware is better, the two have merged and it's all become very grown up, there are no more childish comparisons and neither should there be.

Likewise, controllers and timecode technology has advanced to such a degree that people are out there actually using it; there is no need to discuss it at length anymore.

In conclusion, I would say that things here have become quiet because: Less hype around DJ software (it is more accepted and used, people are more educated), updates are less frequent, the software and hardware (midi/timecode) have made their most significant developments.

That's my view anyway.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 1:07 pm
I joined the VDJ community in 2006. Back then, it was a mad house and there was always lots of activity in the forums. Now, not so much seems to be going on anymore around here, like Jimmy B says. That's probably a good thing on the whole because most of the posts back then were urgent calls for help and complaints about software and hardware not "playing nice in the sandbox."

I think that the reduction in posts speaks volumes about the stability and reliability of the latest generation of Virtual DJ products, as well as the wealth of information that has already been built in the support forums, which most of us whom do visit regularly have had a hand in, sort of like a database of FAQs for what might be wrong with a particular setup. Add the wiki to that information and you might think, perhaps folks are searching more and asking less.

Finally, people might just be enjoying and having too much fun with VDJ to browse the forums ;)

Hell, even I haven't been around much lately, what with work, the "honey-do list," etc.; I didn't even know that 5.2 came out until I was surprised by it tonight when I came online to check mail and poke around a bit, lol.

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 10:52 pm
I come around just as much as always have; But i've a little quiet. Mainly cause when I read a post, somebody already has given the answer.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 2:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)