Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does VDJ read tags from flac files ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know if VDJ reads tags in flac files? If so.. could u send a post???
on settings used etc

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 7:10 pm
i see that so many people respond to a simple question

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 6:21 pm
which means that no one knows... and
apparently... it does not work.... lack of response... can serve as confirmation doesn't it?

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 9:38 am
which is what i said from the start

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 11:01 am
Just tested it and it does not. Although I've had severe problems getting a lot of formats to work with Virtual DJ. Windows MediaPlayer audio/video always gives me an error with Virtual DJ 5+ for such niche formats. Oddly, the video decoder will decode flac but flac isn't a video format, what's going on..

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 11:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ ONLY READS MP3 - ID3Tags

No where in any documentation or feature list to we state otherwise - ONLY ID3Tags

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 12:14 pm
great... see at least u have confirmation besides yourself that VDJ does not read tags from flac files...
which was the purpose of the question in the first place.. to confirm that it either did or did not

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 2:09 pm
thanks for the info but, when someone suggested that i should use flac files instead of wav files in order to have tags, i told him it was useless.

Anyway i think it would be a good idea to have virtual dj read flac and wave tags since they can hold the tags.

Not everyone likes mp3,i personally hate them.

Another thing that would be usefull would be to be able to batch tag files in virtual dj.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 6:18 pm
This is my fault indeed. Most likely I thought about Traktor which supports flac tags when I wrote the suggestion. So just forget it!

By the way why VDJ doesn't write MP3 tags back to the files anymore?

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 7:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)