Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone have this happen?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, Macbook pro, 2.0 , 2 Gig Memory, 128 meg video card, OSX 10.4, External OWC 750 Gig firewire 400, Xsession Pro Midi, 2 Denon DNS 3500's, Numark FX5000 Mixer. Last night I debuted Virtual DJ at my
usual DJ spot. It was awesome. Ambients were working good, Music videos were playing off the External just the way I practice an hour before, then 4 hours into the gig, my macbook Pro did a hard reboot, right in the middle of the song... dance floor packed, and then nothing. After the restart, I relaunched Virtual DJ, Video still working, but my TCCD's would not give out a signal for the software to control the virtual decks. BAM, another hard reboot on the laptop. After 2 spontaneous reboots, and 2 myself rebooting the laptop to try to get the TCCD's back online, but the software would not read the CD signal. I switched over to my usual ableton, and finished out the night, but DAMN, WTF is going on? Did my Denon's overheat? is this an issue with the software? What happened. I WAS impressed until 1am, then all hell went loose. I really like the software, and the features, but I don't want to have to worry if another night (or worst yet a wedding) will go awry with unstable software.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

Posted Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 10:05 am
Any guesses? or has anyone experienced this?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 8:04 pm
OK, man. I will not answer your question but I would suggest to bring a second laptop and keep it turned on for an instant backup.
VDJ with video playback and use of TCV, external hard drive, midi controller at the same time is too complex to be as reliable as standalone CD player even if you use an award-winning MacBook pro.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 8:50 pm
power surge?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 8:51 pm
What sound card are you using ?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 11:10 am
The 3 Channel extenal Sound card that came in the box with the CD's and Vinyl. Gray. has sticker on bottom summer 2007... does this help?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)