Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Bloody Heat

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Had a good night tonight, apart from the heat. We had the back doors open, that open out onto the patio and the canal.

But about 2315 we lost the right side channel and half the speakers, it just sounded like the music was in mono. The sound guy was panicing and rushing around like a headless chicken, it was funny to watch, We managed to find 4 fans and put the straight on to the sound equipment and with 10 mins we where back in business.

I must of lost a few pounds in sweat, mine you it would of done me good to lose some more, lol.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 8:39 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
One place I worked at in Harvey IL Jimmy, I used to take the amps out of the rack once a month and blow off the cooling vents. Even after I did I still had to have fans sitting on them. We drove those puppies hard...lol

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 8:42 pm

Yeah we push them abit aswell,

I know what the sound guy will be doing tomorrow, when he starts work, lol

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 8:58 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
can't say enough about fans, i love em'

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 9:06 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ok guys that's the last from me, sat here mulling over a few things and it's been on my mind for a while, think i will head off into the sunset as they say for a while, so to you lot been great having the friendly banter with you from the states, singapore, australia,holland,cayman islands, nottingham and every where else around the world you are a great community and i would like to say my friends, will pop back of course for my free updates (you didn't think i was that stupid did you) got to mention jimmy first but after that in no particular order so don't be offended: rick,terry,chuck,mallyb,spinna,kaoz,anthony, flex and everyone else i've had fun with, you lot take care... c ya

(that ones for you terry, lol)

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 9:45 pm
@Tayla, that's brought A tear to my eye mate,

You really doing it then mate, Of course I'll speak to you by other means. But please come back every now and then, to save me from these american dudes.

Stay safe mate, and thanks for everything. I'm of to bed now.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 10:22 pm
Hold on, What the puck is going on? I step away for a minute, and Tayla is saying goodbye? What the hell happened? I am not gonna be a happy guy, and you know how happy I am. You &^%$#*&@#$ better tell me something.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 1:43 am
jimmy b wrote :

Had a good night tonight, apart from the heat.

want to trade heat? our forecast for the next few days - http://www.kxxv.com/Global/category.asp?C=84197&nav=menu509_4

we have monstrous air conditioning units behind our building and they're gonna get a hell of a workout. the good news is that when they redesigned the building after the fire, they gave the amp room it's own thermostat. we be chillin'

Posted Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 3:37 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A Man and His Music wrote :
I step away for a minute, and Tayla is saying goodbye? What the hell happened?

As with AMAHM quote, i also wanna know what happened?? Hmmm...have someone pissing u tayla??

Sorry Jimmy for threadjacking ur "heat" thread..hehe

Posted Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 6:38 am
spinnaJ wrote :

Sorry Jimmy for threadjacking ur "heat" thread..hehe

No worries mate.

A Man and His Music wrote :
I step away for a minute, and Tayla is saying goodbye? What the hell happened?

Ric, you've probably done this already, but if you want to know, PM him, he'll give you the answer, it's not for me to say but I've got say I agree with Paul.

But as the old saying goes "you can't keep a good man down" for too long.

So I'm all on my own now then, for abit, very strange, LOL

Posted Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 9:40 am
fans: make at least one fan part of your DJ geer, and dont lend it to anyone. dont lend it to the bar. cause if your geer over heats, you'll have a hard time getting it back half way through the night!!!

maintenance: go to maplin (or radio shack) and get a can of compressed air. this comes wit a straw and will help you easyly 'blow' away dust from fans. id say to carefully take the lid off of you amp to rid all the dust, but dont do this if youre not brave enough with electronics. warranties will be voided!!

Amplifier Power: how many speakers are you running? how much wattage will they need?? how big is your amp?? i recomend to get an amp with DOUBLE the power of what your speakers can handle. WHY?? my bigest cabs are 300w (600w max) and they run hapily on my 1400w amp. 1400w will handle about 700w per side before it runs short of steam. to cut this short, my amp dosent even get warm on my Cerwin Vega 152 (mk2) ... :o

what was the question: fans. never leave home without one.

If your equipment dosent get hot, you could do with the fan facing you to cool you down in a hot room.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 08 @ 9:32 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Now that's one hail or hell of an experience...it really speaks.
I wonder why "marksmolinski" doesn't have the word EXPERIENCE added ryt below his name? wherein it should be applicable to not just by using VDJ alone but to sort of things also that has in relation with the DJING profession.

Might as well think also that having a very low load (ohmic value) for your amps will drive the power transistor (if it is) and power supply nuts unless you have more reserve power on it.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 4:37 am
oh, sorry... i went for a 'chill out' infront of my fan :d

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 12:09 pm
I always carry a couple small portable fans, it's saved me more than once;^]

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 12:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)