Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Legal Music Video Downloads - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AndrewPRO InfinityMember since 2003

http://www.VenueVJ.com just added a few thousand videos to it download service, classics too!!

The files work great in Virtual DJ thanks to it's main man, Stephane!

Best,

Andrew

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 4:09 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
right that's it i'm fed up with the teasing i can't wait any longer, i'm moving to america, chuck how big did you say your backyard was...

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 6:20 am
I can add two more rooms in the dog house. One for you and one for your eqp. Just don't come in drunk because Grizz is a humper and you might end up doing things you won't even tell your priest!

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 9:22 am
cheers katz.... so it's ten hail marys then lol

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 9:36 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@Cyfer, have you got any idea when this service will be hitting the UK shore's...............................please anything.

Or I might be joining Tayla and moving to America, Fatz have you got space for one more mate, lol

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 10:12 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
jimmy b wrote :
I might be joining Tayla and moving to America, Fatz have you got space for one more mate, lol

Oh no, I have to put my foot down at two drunk limeys...one we can absorb..the two of you fugetaboudit..... ;-)

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 10:22 am
TearEmUp wrote :
jimmy b wrote :
I might be joining Tayla and moving to America, Fatz have you got space for one more mate, lol

Oh no, I have to put my foot down at two drunk limeys...one we can absorb..the two of you fugetaboudit..... ;-)

loooooooooooooooooooool

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 10:26 am
PCDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'll be drinking a pint of stella next month, riding the giant ferris wheel, let's hope your Gov signs off.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 11:43 am
you heading to london andrew?

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 12:10 pm
Yes. But first we have to set the precedent with the Canadian Government. Why, you in the UK?

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 1:45 pm
Tayla and I are both from the UK.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 2:03 pm
where about?

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 2:05 pm

Tayla is from Newcastle, a City in the North east of the country, I'm from Nottingham which is more or less in the middle of the country.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 2:08 pm
20 bucks for 10dl a month? aint that kinda steep?

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 2:08 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
lamont76 wrote :
20 bucks for 10dl a month? aint that kinda steep?

$2.00 dollars a video..I do not think so..

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 2:19 pm
yeah, two bucks each. We based that off feedback from tons of dj's who subscribe to services like Promo Only. They spend about $1.33 per video but get a dvd full of crap. Maybe 5 out of 30 videos they'll actually use. So we did it different. You can get the 5 good ones from say Urban, and the 5 good ones from Latin, 5 from Dance, and 5 from country, for just a few pennies more. And you don't even have to wait for that dvd or any of the hassles associated with ripping it. . .

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 2:31 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I pay: $1200 per year for PromoOnly Video Express
$600 per year for PromoOnly Hot Video & Pop Mix Video
$160 per year for PromoOnly Mainstream Radio
$160 per year for PromoOnly Country Radio
Total $2,120 per year.

If you only count what I actually play I'm paying more like $49.95 per song. It's like being robbed without the perpetrator having a gun.

That being said I STILL have no interest in buying anything encoded with DRM.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 7:18 am
I agree with DJrenee...selling your soul to the DRM devil is NOT abargain at any price...........

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 8:10 am
PCDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Just so everyone is clear, this is not DRM like itunes or napster, far from it. I doesn't require keys, internet, subscription, etc, and they will never "time out". The files are simply encrypted and right now will play back in vdj and pcdj vj. We can open it up to anyone with a simply sdk. That being said, we are working with the labels to go drm free. If that happens, a conversion utility will be released which will easily convert the files back to the mpeg2 they started as.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 11:58 am

Well, I changing my mind on this venture, it's starting to shape up now IMO. It's a shame that it's not available in the UK yet, any idea's when PCDJ

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 12:05 pm
57%