Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: stutters in automix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm running full video with the rmx, discobrian helped me out yesterday with a ton of tweaks and we seemed to get everything running smoothly, but I'm still getting a stutter (both in the audio and video) when running automix. The stutter occurs when at the start of the track that it's mixing into. Any suggestions/fixes?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 10:08 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
DJphilthy> I have posted this in the VIP forums. I have done extensive testing with mulltiple systems, videocards and processors. The only conclusion I have is it has to be the way vdj is coded (when it loads up next song in memmory) I have 2 systems where I dont get the stutter, however I have seen many that do, and also when I tried throwing an 8800gt into system that works, I got the stutter. I have a 7950GT and a 9600GT from XFX that I dont expierence the stutter. I also am running quadcore on both machines.
This is something that needs to be addresses it the next version tho. You are correct it happens when the 2nd song starts mixing when its shown in the 2nd wave form.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 7:58 am
no i doubt it's vdj the problem as i have not seen it stutter on a quad system that my friend has, he and i did a video mix on his system and never had problems, I also have another friend that has a dual core and also has no problems. It's probably a system issue. I would never do video mixing with any system less than a quad.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 12:35 pm
Findasong...obviously you didnt read my post quite well.. I have quad core, works fine with 9600GT (XFX) however when I throw 8800gt (XFX) it stutters....I have seen this on alot of systems. I am sure this will be addresses in an upcoming release. Its also in automix......it doesnt do it if you manually mix the decks.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 8:35 pm
that's what i was talking about, the automix

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 10:37 pm
funnyb0nz wrote :
Findasong...obviously you didnt read my post quite well.. I have quad core, works fine with 9600GT (XFX) however when I throw 8800gt (XFX) it stutters....I have seen this on alot of systems. I am sure this will be addresses in an upcoming release. Its also in automix......it doesnt do it if you manually mix the decks.

So I am wondering if were to get a laptop with the 7000 series if it would work well. Tomorrow is the last day he can return it. I spent hours workin on it, got it to play flawless til.... AUTOMIX, then he got the audio AND video stutter.

Findasong... You have been a user for a long time, please support the program and buy the professional edition. Hope to see ya with us soon.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 11:13 pm
discobrian24.....I will for sure consider it.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 8:31 am
Ohh this is where your having your issues in Automix? I tested out Automix the other day just playing around and got that weird noise too when the one song is ending and the other begins to play. I havent even attempted to figure that out or troubleshoot as I dont use that function.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 10:17 am
Like I have mentioned. I have 2 computers I use that are running fine. I also have one that I built for a club that is running fine. However swapping out videocards causes the problems to appear. The cards that seem to run without the hickups (the stutter) are XFX 7900GT and the 9600GT. The 8800GT I have had the issues with it. It could also me MB,CPU, Memory combination.....However I thinks its a bug in VDJ memory allocation for the 2nd song. Just on a few machines been lucky. I havent tried going back to older version of software before 5.1 to test.
If someone want's to try it and post back i will report the findings to the team and othervips.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 11:08 pm
He went out and changed it to a lower model Gateway with the ATI HD 2XXX series card, 3gb ram and Vista 32 and says all is well. I am seriously thinking ATI is the way to go now. Do not buy a machine with the X1250 ATI card though, thats the one I tested and it didnt do too well.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 11:14 pm
discobrain> thanks for reporting back....ATI did come out with new line of cards however they still are behind nvidia in regards to speed. I may have to snag an ATI card and see how it works. Oh that is something else I have messes with with the NVIDIA cards is different drivers, doesnt seem to make a difference.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 7:42 am
I am waiting like a kid on Christmas eve today for my Touch screen to get here. I have the ATI HD 4850 card I just put in yesterday and vdj videos are flawless. I have always used ATI cards and swear by them. Man I remember about 2 years ago I was running VDJ on a P4 2.8 ghz running an AGP Radeon 9550 and running VDJ flawlessly.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 1:10 pm
then it's a video card issue and not the software.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 5:57 pm
AFTER DOING MY OWN INVESTIGATION YOU REALLY NEED TO TRY IN ADDTION TO MAYBE A DIFFERENT VIDEO CARD.....TRY REFORMATTING THE VIDEOS IN AN AVI FORMAT....AKA DIVX WITH THIS FORMAT I CAN GO TO ANY PART OF THE SONG INSTANTANEOUSLY AND SEEMLESSLY.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 6:55 pm
I stutter too!

core duo 4600 with geforce8500gt. 2g ram

tried reloading direct x, new video drivers, and every tweek i know on vdj

had no problems with my older slower computer.

does not stutter when hardware aceleration is off. But can't run like that as other video features do not work.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 6:33 am
so with more playing, I use windowa media player video CODEC. This stutters and the video drops out (or freezes) for about 1/2 second. But I have found in I use VDJ's video codec it does not happen.

I need to use WMP because I have mpeg videos that are not supported on VDJ's codec. (MPEG2 HD)

Can the team check this out, I need a fix.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 9:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)