Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Quality of recording different.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TWDsjeHome userMember since 2006
It seems to me that when I record to a wav file the resulting output isn't as rich as what I heard while I was mixing. In particular it seems that the base isn't as nice. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just imagining things? If I'm right are there any ideas as to why this happens, and how I can remaster the file?

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 9:55 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You cannot "remaster" a bad recording. If your low end is missing punch, you might
have the default timestretch (master tempo) enabled. Mix without it, or use advanced
master tempo algorithm.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 10:31 am
TWDsjeHome userMember since 2006
I've been using the advanced algorithm. I turned the performance slider all the way up and then changed the latency back up to around 10ms. It doesn\'t sound terrible it's all very slight. Could it possibly be my soundcard? IE it would modify the output to my speakers while I'm mixing but not modify the output to the file?

I'm trying to mess around with some equalizer/bass boost settings in audacity to see if that will improve things.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 12:46 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
TWDsje wrote :
Could it possibly be my soundcard? IE it would modify the output to my speakers while I'm mixing but not modify the output to the file?

If the output to speakers is ok, than why not record that analog signal, or if you have
SPDIF output you can directly record it in digital. If the file is different from the actual
output while mixing, it's the software (VDj) issue.

TWDsje wrote :
I'm trying to mess around with some equalizer/bass boost settings in audacity to see if that will improve things.

Probably won't help as the timing of samples was destroyed while recording,
so frequency spectrum equalization won't do much.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 1:42 am
bobbiePRO InfinityMember since 2003
With some Creative sound cards, recordings are awful @ 44.1Khz.
Try @ 48Khz to see if it helps.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 5:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)