Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I feel like a large portion of my life has been lost...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wanted to clean up my searches so that they would only find results from one folder on my computer.
Sorted that and it worked fine, all good.
Then I went to "Check, Clean, Fix" my database. Not realiseing this would remove all my bms, cues, everything, that was not in the new revised search list!!! Argh! I had spend ages on all that!

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 12:05 pm

just add the folders back ;)

right click the root of the folders you want to add back, and choose "add to searchdatabase", and the search database will build back

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 12:28 pm
It's made a rough attempt to get them back, i'd say about 50/50. Cheers.

Ah well lessson learnt, back-up.
I've been meaning the re-analyse for this new key detection stuff anyway I guess.

Will take a while to get back the bmps all exact etc and a gig or too for the cues i guess.

Ooo once analysed in 5.1 will my key detection data be lost if I play in 5.0.7 as its not showing up when I view the "file info" on that?

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 3:24 pm
Wont be lost if using 5.07 no, but wont show 5.07.. only 5.1.. (5.1 keys that is)

for the 50% you didnt manage to fix by the "add to search database"... try multi-select those files (for example by sorting by bpm, choosing those who lack info), and then choose file >> reload tag

Did that do the trick ?

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 3:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)