Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What's the difference?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've looked at the comparison chart of Virtual DJ and Virtual DJ Pro, and the only difference I see is the customer support. Can anyone tell me if there are other differences that are just not listed. An extra $150 seems high for just customer support.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 4:55 pm
the customer support isnt differnt or that different ;) no worries..

The main and "only" difference between Virtual DJ and Virtual DJ Pro as taken from this part of site (as you probably have):
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

.. is that ONE is for instant download from this website (VirtualDJ) saving us a lot of cost, giving you a discount.
While the other is a boxed version, sent you by (snail) mail.. :)

Both the internet download version and the boxed version, are VirtualDJ PRO.

Sorry it can be a bit comfusing, so I hope that cleared it up :)

(now, there ARE two versions of VDJ.. Home Edition and Pro edition, both above are PRO edition, and HOME edition are only sold with controllers.. as of now)

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 5:49 pm
Ok... that's good to know. From the comparison site, it looks like one is pro, and one isn't. I'm concerned about the version that comes with the hercules RMX. It doesn't say it's the home edition, but I don't think it's the pro version. If it's the home edition, according to the comparison chart it doesn't have hercules support, so that's why I think it's not the home edition.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 9:19 pm

Its a special dedicted version for the concole. Fully working with the concole.
It has limitations such as the home edition, but will never expire, and will aslo not work without the controller connected.

So its a concole edition, but feature wise, a bit the same as Home edition 5.1.

I havent tried the 5.1 version of the home edition/console edition yet, but I think it has about the same limitations as its brother (for Hercules mk2).

You can see some of the benefits upgrading to pro here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/djcedition.html

And even if you do get the free console version with the Hercules RMX, one can always upgrade to pro later, with a discount

Hope that helps a bit

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 2:00 am
Definitely helped. So here is the new question, according to the page comparing the djcedition to the pro, it says there is a $150 discount if you upgrade to the pro. However, the price is listed at $299 when you go to that page, however it's only at $239 on the main comparison page. Do you know which is accurate?

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 6:31 pm
Nevermind, I just realized the difference between the 99E and the $99 that I thought I was reading.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 6:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)