Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Use 5.0x skins on 5.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Since there are no new real 5.1 skins, is there any issues w/ the current crop of 5.0.x skins aside from the new waveform and key display?

Thanks!

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 10:13 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nothing changed that would stop you from using the existing skins. -- Yes you will need to wait for the skin designers to add the new features. But that does not make existing skins obsolete. The new Automix waveform showing the waiting track is generated internally and will be available on all skins.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 08 @ 10:23 pm
Is there a way I can add the new features myself? - mainly the key?

Also, with 5.1 doing key check, does it store in a place that 5.07 will see?

Finally, will it cause harm to have the 5.07 executable along w/ the 5.1 version?

Thanks!!!

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 12:47 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ewitles wrote :
Is there a way I can add the new features myself? - mainly the key?

Also, with 5.1 doing key check, does it store in a place that 5.07 will see?

Finally, will it cause harm to have the 5.07 executable along w/ the 5.1 version?

Thanks!!!

You can add the %key field to a skin if you know how to modify the skins.

Why are you going to keep the 5.0.7 ? If you are going to put the effort into modifying the skin, why would you keep 5.0.7 around ? It is not necessary.

But to answer your question, no the Key and Camelot values are stored in a different node of the database in 5.1 than they were in 5.0.7

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 1:41 pm
Where do you find the key of a certain track on the new skin? I see it on the button that you check mark what you want to see in the music window. But even with it checked, I don't see anything.

Thanks

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 1:57 pm
Was there a reason for storing somewhere else? Not that I am griping... but... :)

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 3:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)