Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 5 versus Virtual DJ 5 Pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What is the difference? I'm trying to decide if I want to get the Hercules RMX or Virtual Vinyl. Since one is Virtual 5 and the other is Cue Pro (which is basically VDJ 5 Pro), I want to know if I'm losing anything with the RMX. Can you use timecode with the RMX?

Posted Fri 06 Jun 08 @ 7:00 pm
Hey man I recommend that you search around these forums as these questions get asked every week.
If your going to do a timecoded setup...you need a pro version of either VDJ or CUE.
The sound card in VV is far superior of that in the RMX...so if your going to be doing heavy duty scratching or intense beat juggling with CDJ's or turntables then the VV is a better option. Obviously VV is not a controller and the RMX is so in that sense you get added features of the RMX. There are ppl who have had success with the RMX/MK2 to use with scratching but most ppl find problems as it isn't a good enough souncard for their needs...again search around these forums.
VV comes with a pro version of CUE while the RMX comes with an LE version. Although it's important to mention that RMX owners can get a great deal on VDJ PRO...see the link at the top of this forum to find out more details.

I have an RMX and love it and will be getting PRO in just a short while. PPL love to bash it for what it doesn't have I have a very hard time bashing something "because all the buttons don't light up." It has a ton of features and is a fairly good quality piece of equipment.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 1:46 am
Thanks. I tried doing a search of the forums, but the only thing that came up each time I did it were references to the page that compared the two.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 9:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)