Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RMX HERCULES + VCDJ LE - ERROR IN THE SOUND DRIVER - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi Guys,

I got the RMX console and up until now I used it with the VDJ LE version. A couple of days ago I tried to fire up VDJ LE and I got this message ERROR IN THE SOUND DRIVER.
The program recognizes the device as a midi controller, but when you hit the play button nothing happens and no audio comes out from the RMX.
Unfortunately, activating the PRO version DEMO of VDJ never worked on my macbook intel core 2 duo, with Leopard 10.5.3 and 2 GB of RAM.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, got the latest drivers from Hercules tech support, etc, still same message "Error in the Sound Driver".

My Mac and every other application I work with sees the RMX as an audio device and works perfect both as a midi controller and as an audio device.
So the problem lies within the VDJ software and the communication with the RMX.

Help please!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 5:17 am
hey djfish21
i had the same problem bugged the heck out of me. never came up with the fix or never saw one in the forums,
what i did is upgraded to pro and never had a problem again.
maybe there is a fix now
or just go pro its great
good luck

im useing a mac book pro 2.4 4g ram 10.5.3

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 7:39 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok Djfish,

In the sound config choose 4.1 n rmx as the soundcard.

Put performances slide to fastest n latency auto.

Try to see if ur codec in ur config in vdj le is on quicktime audio decoder. Then go to info n reset to factory settings.

If still this not werkin, go to delete ur preference file then run the program again.

its located here :
yourcomputer/users/youname/libary/preferences

its called com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist (<----something like this, not sure for VDJ le ones)

Also for ur info why the pro demo version dun werk for u cos there are no mac demo atm.

But do remember that u have a special discount if u wanna go upgrade to pro;)

Regards.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 12:54 pm
SpinnaJ

thank you so very much for your reply. Unfortunately, the LE VDK version on Mac won't let you do any configurations, when u hit the
configure button, a window comes up that will let u only pick btwn upgrading to PRO or not :-(
I will try the "trash preferences" advice to see if anything happens (although I did try once and the only thing changed is that it required the serial number of
the demo version again).
In any case thanks for your feedback - I really appreciated it!

Best Regards,

Dj Fish

P.S. I still believe it should be stated clearly if the VDJ LE version works only for 20 days or not...anyway, tnx for the feedback!

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 7:52 am
DJ Fish.

Hold on n have patience, i'm sure someone who do have success with rmx using the vdj le will give their input here;)

If there is a reset to factory setting on the info tab in the config, do click on it. Also which port are ur remix attached to? I see u using the macbook, so do attached to the one nearest to the screen on the left side.

But in any way, it is wise to upgrade to pro as u will have a lot more options n benefits using the software.

All the best.

Regards.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 08 @ 10:12 am
Just tried out the Hercules RMX for the first time (on MacBook) and have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM as DJFish21 here...

Any solutions yet? I'm desperate! I just waisted my afternoon trying to figure it out, but without results.

Do you guys think it'll be solved when I upgrade to pro 5.08? Still bothers me that it doesn't just work the way it came though...

Thanks!

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 9:26 pm
Hi PeterJaap, I seen u have upgrade to the pro version. Grab the latest V5.08 at ur download centre and the goodies from the plugins section.

Did u get this sorted anyway?

Btw welcome as a pro mac vdj user;)

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 4:36 am
Thanks spinnaJ...

Yeah I got desperate trying to make the console version work and I figured I'd upgrade to pro eventually anyway... After updating I was about to throw my macbook out the window cause the problem seemed to continue, but after deleting the console version and restarting, everything worked like a charm! (I got the 5.08 immediately when upgrading). I'm excited to finally 'really start'. I learned the basics in a course, but now I can finally practice in my own house...

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 4:16 pm
@PeterJaap

Well, glad u sort it n njoy;)

@Djfish

I see u also have upgraded to Pro..:)

Welcome as a pro mac vdj user too.. now go n update to the latest version n hope u too the prob is gone.

Best regards.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 11:00 pm
im having the same problem driving me mad!!!! the most expensive ornament in the house
the money they charge you would have though it would bloody work! Only to find out the only way to fix it is to
spend more money with them!

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 11:10 am
I am really pissed off! i've been using virtual dj for the last 2 years, i have the latest updates of vdj, latest update of RMX and still getting that stupid error in the sound driver, I checked everywhere for answers. I have a macbook pro, leopard. what are the sound settings suppose to be set at? please help this is ridiculous how much time i've spent trying to use RMX

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 12:52 am
Have u choose the herc rmx agreggate as the driver in the sound configs?

Posted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 6:30 am
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 2:58 pm
Please try the other USB port of your MBP (the one on the other side). It seems it fixes the issue for a few users.

Posted Fri 26 Sep 08 @ 2:47 pm
morespace54 wrote :
Please try the other USB port of your MBP (the one on the other side). It seems it fixes the issue for a few users.

Actually it been said by hercules site that it is better to be use on the left side of the mbp but who knows;)

Posted Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 8:22 am
Hey,

I did manage to fix this problem, but for some reason the 'Error in sound drive' message has appeared again. I found an instruction guide on here but i cant seem to find it again, when i do i will post.

As far as i can remember install drivers and software from disc, and plug in you Hercules RMX console.

Open Audio MIDI Setup (Finder > Applications > Utilities).

Click Audio from the top bar and click Open Aggregate Device Editor.

Click Add, rename Aggregate Device with Hercules DJ Console RMX. In the structure box tick your Hercules RMX console, click Done.

In the Audio MIDI Setup menu use the the four drop down boxes and select as follows:
Default Input: Hercules DJ Console RMX
Default Output: Hercules DJ Console RMX
System Output: Hercules DJ Console RMX
Properties For: Hercules DJ Console RMX, select the one with plus sign. This allows you to Configure Speakers and Device.

That should be it, good luck!

Posted Thu 24 Sep 09 @ 3:50 pm
All - PLEASE HELP me with this! I have tried everything that is suggested here and on the main site and nothing. When I try to set up the aggregate device driver and reboot it removes what I have set up. I am soooo frustrated!

I upgraded to the most recent version 6.0.1, using a Macbook Pro with Mac OS 10.5.8 - what the hell am I doing wrong?

thanks

Posted Sat 03 Oct 09 @ 10:11 pm
Same here i run 10.5.8 but with djc edition and its just not working i tried everything and i called the support line they told me to download the latest drivers but i cant access the ts hercules website please help

Posted Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 10:34 pm
isrortPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What a fear... are those isolated cases or always happen ?.. im evaluating to buy the SW and the RMX... but those problems just makes me wonder... moderator.. any solution? i will run Snow leopard....

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 11:41 am
Hi isrort, yes those are usually isolated cases;)

Snow leopard with rmx will work fine as far as i know even for timescodes;)

Read here for information on it.

Just remember to upgrade to the latest driver and firmware required by the snow leopard OSX for the hercules;)

Regards;)

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 1:38 pm
67%