Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vdj didn't miss a beat!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just did a 6hr gig on 1-turntable and the software didn't miss a beat...Some guy helping me carry my sh)t in made sure my headshell split with the cartridge and since we only carry spare needles, had to use the one timecode option. In case you ever lose one t-table, don't panic, it's completely stable and as long as you make sure you have the correct deck activated before you do any thing on the table, you will come out a very happy vdj-er!

Err Now I have to pass out, the back is killing me......... they gave me a table whose height was a foot below my waist..... those funkers!

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 3:06 am
Good for you. Bet that was stressfull for a few minutes though.

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 3:40 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yeah, I hate that table issue. It can be pain in the back ;)
Guess we don't have the same height like Jokes :P

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 8:22 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
Good for you. Bet that was stressfull for a few minutes though.

You're damn rite it was......even tried superglue for a minute and it seemed like it was going to work but I didn't trust it. It was funny coz one of the guys there was a dj and he told me later he didn't even know I was only using one turntable....Oh well....rock on I guess.

DJ-ALF wrote :
Yeah, I hate that table issue. It can be pain in the back ;)
Guess we don't have the same height like Jokes :P

lol......

Posted Sun 18 May 08 @ 5:57 pm
I changed from running dual tables to now just running a single CDJ800. I use clone deck to split the beat off to the other deck and then can manipulate the song of video I am playing. While you do not get the "cool" feel from it like dual 1200s it works great and is rock solid. I love it.

Several of the things have changed from this picture but it is the one I had up that I could show you.

It is probably huge but you can see details that way.

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 9:40 am
I use the 1200 turntablist skin and the clone deck thing came in very handy.....I feel like I'm cheating when I'm doubling up though if I use it, just another reason why old skul dj's are pulling their hair out watching all this tech savvy dj'ing or computer dj'ing as they call it.

Paulie_C wrote :
It is probably huge but you can see details that way.

Its very nice, I would like to see you work your way around it though, it seems like 'an intense workplace'.

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 10:36 am
lennyndegwa wrote :
I feel like I'm cheating when I'm doubling up though if I use it, just another reason why old skul dj's are pulling their hair out watching all this tech savvy dj'ing or computer dj'ing as they call it.

I get the same attitude in both my Fields of work - Auto Mechanics - and DJ'ing.

Older Mechanics - Don't understand computer controlled engine systems, as well as networked modules throughout the vehicle. Get frustrated by new complex designs, and say the new stuff is over complex and just shitty, doesn;t need to be done, etc

Older DJ's - say pretty much the same thing about Computer DJ'ing - over simplified or complex, difficult to use, etc....

It doesn't matter cause every manufacturer is producing either computer based gear or stand-alone hard drive based gear.

The old is already out.

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 10:44 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
The old is already out.

Say Word!

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 4:43 pm
to reinforce what we talking about...i did 2 house parties in 1 day....one from 5 to midnight and other from 1 to 6.....VDJ didnt even think of skipping a beat..lol..like i said
most vdj problems is related to settings and hardware problems..fix that..take the time o build your setup and BAM!!!!! youwilla dore your vdj ..lol

dj reaper

Posted Mon 19 May 08 @ 5:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)