Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recognition of Artist and Title Tags

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have an extensive database (i.e. 3TB) of music and videos. Yet, I have difficulty getting all of my music tags to be recognized. Most of my music is stored as MP3, and WMA. While most of the files are recognized, I have found that a minority of them (yet still a ton of music) are missing the tag information within the program. When I look at the files outside of the VirtualDJ program using Windows Explorer, I can see that they are intact. Is there any reason that the tags are not fully recognized in VirtualDJ? I had begun to enter tham in manually in the program, but have yet to finish "A". I would hate to have to fill them all in manually. Please help!

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 5:22 pm
vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Do these files appear correctly tagged when browsed thorugh a media player like the Windows one?

Does that only happen in VDJ? If so it may help reorganising all your music folders so that VDJ can read the filenames in cases where files have no id3 tags. In order to do that you could do the following:

1. Go to Windows Media Player 11 and on the More Options go to the Rip Music tab.
2. Under 'Rip Music to this location' click on Change and redirect that folder to the folder where all your WMA files are. Click OK.
3. Under 'Rip Music to this location' click on File Name and tick and reorganise the following fields: Track Number, Artist and Song Title. Then choose separated by -Dash. Click OK
4. Stay in the More Options window but now go to the Library tab. Make sure that the following two options are ticked:
-Rename music files using rip settings
-Rearrange music in rip folder, using rip music settings (This will put all your files in ArtistAlbum folders which is quite handy)
5. Click OK on the More Options window.

This should now rename all your files so that they are then read properly in VDJ.

In order to speed up the process you can click on the arrow underneath Library and click on Apply Media Information Changes.

Sometimes, for some reason, some files aren't changed. What I do in those situations is something simple, within WMP, I edit the Album Artist name and simply copy and paste the name. This seems to trigger the change.

Hope this helps.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 08 @ 7:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)