Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP WITH DATABASE!!!!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dwainPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ok this is the senerio......i'm starting to DJ at clubs that have laptops and virtual dj with the Denon HC4500 alreaady set up..ok thats good.....but before, the other club were still back in time....so i would bring my mobile case with me with my laptop and the VDJ program....the thing is now i want to travel with JUST my hard drive and plug into their laptop and used the VDJ they have...it the 5.06v VDJ.....when i pass by the club yesterday and connect my HD to the laptop and open VDJ no cue are set, no bpm, and no comment no tags......now how i go about this.......how can i see my cues, bpm, comment on their VDJ....i know i have to do something with my database wihich i have to copy and probably paste in theiir version......can someone help me....i got to play there tonight

oh i'm using VDJ 5.07rev and i want that version data on the club VDJ

need to see my comments, edit BMP....my tagggggssss on another user VDJ...help

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 3:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you normally use an external drive with your setup?
Look in the root level of your external drive, is there a VirtualDJ Local Database.xml file ?

If you answer Yes, to both and everything works fine in your setup - then they are not using Version 5 at the clubs. Version 5 introduced the individual databases per drive partition. You should be able to walk in and plug in then start playing if they are using version 5.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 4:06 pm
yes 2 both question....i see the VDJ local database.xml file in my external drive.

yes the club do have 5.06rev VJ........this happen to my boy....he install his VDJ on his Laptop 5.06 and the same thing happen i couldn.t see my comments, edit bpm, no cues, it was like i was starting from scratch....same exact senerio....just that this wasnt in a club.

next situation....my other boy is the man in brooklyn...they call him the kareoke king....he install the VDJ 5.07 last month on his laptop he did his thing and when i came to dj on his laptop with just my extenal HD....i say my edit bpm, comment........but i didnt see my recent edits and comment i did 2 weeks before....all my older stuff was ok on his laptop.....

i dont want to see part of the tagg and want to see all my woork

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 4:52 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What kind of drives are these ? Standard USB connect? Ok, after you connect the drive to the system -> Does the drive (in VDJ) show up in the Config -> Browser tab -> in the drop-down for the different databases?

Does the drive even show up in the My Computer ?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 9:06 pm
i had problem...........i saw all my tagg..i i was all smile's last night...thanx cstoll

Posted Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 5:43 pm
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Don't you have to recurse the external drive so the software reads the data file off the external?

I'm just getting ready to use two external Seagate 750s with my back up material on it with a laptop.

They have never been scanned, except the identical files that are on my current active cpu's internal drives in a different multidrive configurations.

Will I have to rescan both externals?

Or is there a way to recurse them with the main system so they are assigned a data file for use with the laptop?

And what about playlists? ... Can they be stored on the external drive and be activated when that drive is hooked up?

Posted Sun 20 Apr 08 @ 7:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)