Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: please help!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought some numark timecoded vinyls, the problem is that there is a overbearing humming sound coming from the vinyl that does not happen when i'm playing classic vinyls. the sound is clearly coming from the record or my stanton needles because i can hear it when playing the record without have the a/v connected to the turntable. please help

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:43 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
OK..number one..are you using a laptop? or a desktop? Number two..what version of VDJ are you using?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:46 am
im using 4.2 and a desktop

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:48 am
What soundcard??

You might need to ground your turntables to your souncard..also..please download the latest trial version of VDJ we are up past v5 now..

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:54 am
I'm using u46dj, am i suppose to hear humming from the vinyls and needles themselves, becaused even with any a/v hookup the turntables i hear a humming from the timecodes an di dont hear that when i play classic vinyls?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 10:58 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I get a slight humming from my TCV, not loud though.

I thought it was normal, due to the coding on them.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:00 am

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:01 am
Do you mean there's a whining noise coming from your needles?
If so, that's just how time-coded vinyls are, annoying isn't it!
It took me by surprise the 1st time I used Time-coded vinyls, strange how no one ever mentions it in reviews!

With regular vinyl you get a tisss tisss tissss sound from your needles as this is the music (you'll hear it if you turn off your speakers and put your ear next to the needles!), which is then amplified and played loud through your speakers.
Time-coded vinyls have a time code cut into their grooves, not music. So, the noise that comes off the record will be that of the time-code, a fairly horrible whine. You'll get the same sound if you play a time-coded CD in a regular CD player, or a time-coded vinyl straight through a mixer in a traditional set up.

Sadly there's really nothing you can do about this nasty noise. If it bothers you that much, don't use time-coded vinyls, or just turn up your speakers untill you drown the noise out!

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:06 am
alright thanx guys, appreciate the help big time. I f u have anything else to suggest please do tell me, until then i'll try the ground loop wires suggested. thanx again

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:07 am
Dude, it's really not a ground loop problem, that's just how TCVs are

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:09 am
but no....its louder than the music, so what do u guys think?

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:16 am
I still use the Maya44usb and I got the same thing in the beginning. I have the same sound card you do as well and if you register your software or purchase a legal copy I will tell you how to fix it. I know exactly what it is. I also know that 4.3 is a widespread version that people download on limewire and use.

You just get better support for the software once YOU SUPPORT the software.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 2:04 pm
still use the Maya44usb and I got the same thing in the beginning. I have the same sound card you do as well and if you register your software or purchase a legal copy I will tell you how to fix it. I know exactly what it is. I also know that 4.3 is a widespread version that people download on limewire and use.

You just get better support for the software once YOU SUPPORT the software.

The software I have is not an illegal copy, it is on my desktop which was my brother's hand me down computer. Also I was the one advised my mother to purachse this software for him for xmas some years ago, therby supporting the software. I have no need to for an a illegal copybut due to financial constraints, hence the fact that i have not upgraded to the lastest version. If you can help me....i will greatly appreciate it . Thank you in advance

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 2:38 pm
by the way the ground insulator did not work, so please help

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 3:03 pm
to be more precise, the sound is more like a high pitch AM radio station out of tune. it stop if i stop the record and starts again if i play the timecode again.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 3:16 pm
uh nun n urass: What you are saying doesn't make much sense. You bought the software? You have a copy on your desktop that was your brothers but you can't afford to upgrade? The upgrade is free if you bought it. Go to your profile and register your copy..or your brothers since you have the computer you bought it for. You are allowed to have it on two computers so do both of them. If it is already registered then log into his account and post the same question.

I will be more than happy too fix this for you but really really can't stand people who skate through on others in life. Buy the software and get the real deal. It just makes you feel warm inside too.

Home or professional edition will be fine and I will help ya out.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 4:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)