Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Estimated release date of Virtual 5.1?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I know this question has been asked too many times, but I can't wait to buy this version. I'm assuming this version will bring back the two automix deck function, right? Will it be ready next month +/-? Please, just give me an estimated release date. Thank you.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 8:01 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you will never get a precise release date ever, maybes a "coming soon" or a be patient, lol. why not just get the current version as up to now all updates are free and it means you can play with your "new toy" now

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 9:44 am
Either you like this software now so you will buy it and play it NOW. Suppose the new version doesn't have to the 2 deck automix. Does that mean your not going to buy it then? Come on, if this is your make of brake answer, suggest doing more homework because this software is worth more than one minor feature. That's like saying people would stop using serato becuase they took out the color coded beats display.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 9:57 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :
you will never get a precise release date ever, maybes a "coming soon" or a be patient, lol. why not just get the current version as up to now all updates are free and it means you can play with your "new toy" now

LOL. good advice there mate.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 10:17 am
Who knows, his choice, maybe that IS his reason. And, it is NOT a minor feature to him as he politely stated.
I know many that have left VDJ entirely beacuse of this "minor" feature. Sometimes it was just the fact that a
popular feature was taken away w/o the popular request of many, many users.

I know a lot of us who have not worked in 5.0 yet for that very reason as well.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 10:37 am
I don't think he asked for a precise release date, either.
It seems a fair request to ask "Is their a possible release within the next month"?
If there isn't, I'm sure dev knows and can say.

I mean, a while back I heard statements like very, very soon.
That to me, meant within a couple of months; four months ago.

can't blame the guy for asking and expecting an answer?

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 10:40 am
uuuuuuhhhhhhh....... there are no little features .....

every feature is important to somebody , or , maybe a lotta somebodies ........

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 12:04 pm
I've got a little feature, but my wife still loves me.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 12:05 pm
TDBennett wrote :

Don't be fooled, she's after you money.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 1:15 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
fatkatzdj wrote :
TDBennett wrote :

Don't be fooled, she's after you money.

Aren't they all?

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 1:22 pm
my money is smaller than my feature, so my wife is out of luck.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 2:03 pm
So I guess you and Gene "something" must have something in common!

MODIFIED FOR CHRISTMAS PURPOSES

Hows that T

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 2:31 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DAMNIT FAT!!!!! Do you realize what you have just done??Do you have any idea??? Now VDJ has to send Gene a check.....DAMNIT!!! Anytime his name is used he gets a royalty check...and now VDJ is going to have to cut him a check!!! There goes the Christmas Party!! Thanks a lot Fat....

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 2:39 pm
TDBennett wrote :
my money is smaller than my feature, so my wife is out of luck.

Damn, you are pucked, but you are funny. As for the 2 deck auto mixers, and those that want a date, this is a "be nice on the forum, for an hour moment". So, from 3:30 til 4:30pm est, I am going to be polite.

Thanks TD for the laugh, which is why I'm gonna be polite for an hour. Sometimes I forget how to tell time. Is that hour up yet?

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 2:41 pm
Just so everyone knows that I will be out pocket next week. Due to recent events mainly because of my mistake. I will be literally pounding the pavement at the local " redlight " district trying to pay for the lack of funds of the Christmas party. So if any local VDJers see me standing around please bring me a happy meal or a .99 burger or something.

OR

You may help in the effort by making donation in my PayPal account in return I will send pictures of my exwife.

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 3:00 pm
People that have been using VDJ for a long time (more than 30 days) will usually ask for an option back that was in previous versions, but someone who hasn't even purchased the product wants a feature back. I'm confused ?? How long have you been using VDJ without paying for it?

On a positive note...
I have been using the latest version automix during cocktails and other instances and now I like it better than the original as it just seems easier to throw another song in the mix(and beatmix it if required) using the other deck without stopping automix. Hope that makes any sense. When it 1st came out I didn't like it but once you take the time to understand how it works, it's great... No problem with me if the next version has an option to use it either way.

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 3:09 pm
The release date isn't even an issue for me, does the no licence user no that if he buy's VDJ now he can upgrade for free once it comes out?

Wish they would stop posting stupid topics.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 4:49 am
TD .....you better get the radio toolbar , it may help you with your uuhhhh feature ?!

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 8:54 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just an important question for me...
...is 5.1 version going to be optimized for using with Turbocache video cards? Im begging for it!!

Apart from that, congratulations to the VDJ team for they work. Is a great software.

Posted Mon 21 Apr 08 @ 5:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)