Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: FOR ALL THE GUYS WHO HAVE VIDEO FREEZE ISSUES !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I HAVE CONTACTED THE VIRTUAL DJ STAFF AND THEY HAVE ASSURED ME THEY ARE WORKING ON THE VIDEO NVIDIA FREEZE ISSUE FOR THE NEXT RELEASE,SO BE PATIENT DUDES,INSTEAD OF DOING ALL THE TWEEKS AND THE REST OF THE BOLLOCKS AND RISK CREATING OTHER PROBLEMS WAIT,WAIT LIKE ME IM SURE THEY WILL SORT IT FOR US IN THE NEXT UPDATE !!HOPE THIS POST HELPS A FEW OF YOU IN VIDEO DISTRESS LIKE ME,DJDAZZA YORK UK....................

Posted Tue 15 Apr 08 @ 7:33 pm
Unfortunately version 5.1 did not fix the freeze issue for me. Wonder if anyone out there has any luck. It basically makes my new Dell xps m1330 useless for video mixing. It has the Nvidia 8400 gs chipset

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 6:29 pm
Johnny are you running XP or Vista??

Posted Sun 01 Jun 08 @ 7:13 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have a XPS m1330 with Vista and a Inspiron 1420(same chipset and video card), video palys fine, have some random audio skips(depending on how it feels). So far with 5.1 I have not heard and any audio skips. I couldn't get XP not to freeze at all unless I turned off HW acceleration, so I went back to Vista(Home Premium).

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 2:42 pm
I went back to XP cause I could not take the audio skips I got with Vista and 5.0.7. Sure my video still does not work because I have a 8600m GT card, but I guess its a trade off I have to deal with. Oh, and with vista I could not get my computer to output to the s-video when it was hooked up.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 3:30 pm
The 8400m and 8600m are designed for DX10 and Vista: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8600M.html I don't think they will ever work correctly in XP with VDJ. I need to spend some time with 5.1 and see if it fixes the audio skips. So far I haven’t heard any. I could trigger it before by messing with the wireless settings. I tried last night, worst I saw when switching wireless off and on was the video pause for 2 seconds and the sound just kept going. It may be a few weeks to try a full test with video and TCV hooked up, since I'm going out of town for vacation. What I think maybe most of the issue for the newer Dell systems and VDJ is the Nvidia card is causing the audio skips. It was real bad(skips every 15 seconds) if I had the video playing in the little preview window. If I disable the video or played it on the 2nd monitor, I had a few skips a night. I tried VDJ on my brothers Inspiron 1521 with a AMD proc and ATI video card, no skips and DPC latency stays below 100us. On my XPS, I'm lucky if it stays below 1000us. I tried to disable services and all unneeded devices, still the same issue. Only thing I had left was to disable the video card.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 4:36 pm
need help. i just bought vdj new version 5.07. and i'm havin small audio skip's, i'm also using hercules mk2.
i started out using window vista thought that was the problem, so i changed to window xp but i'm havin same problem. visited hercules website and got the latest download.
the first version of vdj was a crack version worked fine it was the 5.0 no problem at all just thought i would do the right thing and paid for the program any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 8:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 02 Jun 08 @ 8:39 pm
I'm currently using Xp on my Dell XPS m1330. Vista was causing to many problems. I may have found a fix on the video issue. Go to display properties, settings, click on advance, select troubleshoot, and slide the slider to either the third from the left or the fourth notch from the left. Hit apply. It seems like I'm able to play videos now with hardware acceleration on without skipping when I am using a second display. There seems to problems withe video in a window. Still testing but getting closer.. I have also tried riva tuner with no effect.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 2:36 pm
Ok its definitely the third notch from the left and you have to use a second display in order for the fix to work. This fix will not work if you display your video in a window. Current setup

Dell XPS m1330
Core 2 T7500
3 gigs of memory
Nvidia 8400 gs
320gig hard drive
Windows XP Professional SP3

Settings on second display using video driver and hardware acceleration. Using all default codecs with divx set using built in video codec.

So far so good. Karaoke plugins work and so do the transitions and the sonique plugins.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 2:59 pm
With Windows XP no audio issue. It works except for choppyness rewinding/loading a video and heavy scratching on mp4's. I just wished it worked either 95 or 99% with no crazy tweaking, not 60%. Im thinking of getting another system without a Nvidia card. Either ATI or X3100(YUK).This is my dream: Vista, RMX @ 2ms and smooth video. XP would be ok. Does anyone have any new ideas?
-David

Posted Sat 02 Aug 08 @ 7:57 pm
I just finally bought 2 Pioneer DVJ-1000's and a DJM-800 for video mixing.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 5:00 am
I finally think I have fixed the audio skips after 4 months. I set my Hercules RMX to ASIO mode, put a check mark in the Ultra Asio box under the sound card settings, it’s been working fine @ 2ms. I forgot that when 5.07 is when that audio crackles / pops /skips started on all my systems when Ultra ASIO was added. I couldn't use 5.06 with my RMX. I went back to Vista to get rid of the video freeze issue. Actually I got a little desperate and loaded Vista x64. x64 still didn’t fix my audio skip, but the videos don’t freeze at all. I even enabled Aero, all services, wireless to test- no sound issues at all. Video was also fine under Vista x32. Depending if my other apps work, I may stick with Vista x64. I need a weekend of playing live to see what happens. I will let you know what happens.
-DJ Kavika(David)

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 9:06 am
I have been told the video freeze issue(freeze on load) is or was a NVIDA 8400 series issue with cue/VDJ 5, I have heard that the issue has been fixed with 5.1 and 5.2 but to be honest when i tried 5.1 i only noticed it wasnt as pronounced but still there. i may need to try again however as i have changed some settings.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 6:02 pm
Crazy8sHome userMember since 2010
Fixing Virtual DJ Video Freezing problem: I tried many options finally figure out the problem. It's the Hardware Acceleration. If your running Windows OS go to your display settings right click onto you desktop and click properties go to settings and click on Advance look for
troubleshoot tab click onto it and you'll see Hardware Acceleration am sure right now it's set to full go ahead and set it down 2 notches down and click ok. Now you should be able to play both videos without freezing. If you have any other problem with other softwares go ahead and reset it back to full. Hope this helps! Let me know by replying to this forum if it works for you guys Thanks!

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 9:52 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Disabling hardware acceleration isn't a fix as it breaks your ability to use plugins and transitions properly - so you might as well not be running video.

I believe this issue has been fixed in VDJ7 - this thread is over two years old. Topic locked.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 10:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)