Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SoundCard Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I DJ mostly weddings... When I first started DJing off a computer I bought a cheap Ground Loop Isolator from RadioShack and although all my equipment is the latest and greatest I never bought a soundcard etc... The quality is actually pretty good and for weddings etc it doesnt make much difference as I can beat match etc visually with VDJ.

So my question...I was thinking of picking up something simple like the Numark DJ IO.... Is the audio quality etc really going to be much better? Should I bother for what I do?

Thanks,

Vin.

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 8:20 am
If you are happy with the sound of your current rig, I say keep it the same.
BUT, I would get a decent sound card (maybe the MAYA 44) anyway, because as you get more exposure it won't be long before you get asked to play at a big club with a sound system that will make your current rig sound like child's play. That will not only be embarrassing it will show you're not ready for bigger venues.
So the answer to your question: A good external sound card will make a huge difference in large clubs and venues with very high-end sound.

Start striving for professional grade in everything including great sound.

Just my two cents.

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 12:57 pm
That was my guess....thanks.... I am way past the "bigger clubs" etc.... been there done that a while back...so I won't be playing on any hi-end club systems :-) but for a couple of powered speakers...sometimes a sub...or slightly larger setup I didn't think their would be much of a noticable difference to the average ear...

Vin.

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 7:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)