Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Post new CLIPBANK version?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I understand that VDJ 5.07 clipbank is clonable. However, I tried cloning from a clone, and it doesn't work. So I assume we must clone from the original 5.07 clipbank DLL. So here's my request...

Can the 5.07 version of the Clipbank be posted under the PLUGIN download section? Or, how can I get the original 5.07 CLIPBANK.DLL which I accidentally cloned over?

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 1:39 pm
i just tryed this...

close virtualdj
go to the folder where clip bank lives.
press [ctrl] + c to copy the clipbank.dll
press [ctrl] + v to paste the copy.
another file called clipbank - copy.dll or copy of clipbank.dll
open virtualdj, look in video effects..

i now have 2 clipbanks.

if you have lost your clipbank.dll, then you could try installing vdj again (without removing what you have already)

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 7:47 pm
Problem is that I changed my original Clipbank.dll to Dancefloor.dll, so I don't have my original. When I clone from Dancefloor.dll, I get an error when I load the 1st clip.

Yes - I could re-install VDJ to get the original. I'd hate to wind up with 2 reg entries, and 2 of everything. Would that happen?

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 9:29 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Then there is something else wrong. Changing the name doesn't change the integrity of the dll. What did you name the second dll ?

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 10:44 pm
I named the 2nd clipbank CB SHADOW DANCERS.dll.

I tried re-cloning a few times. I try loading the 1st clip in the very first box, and nothing loads. But the text inside that box changes to ERROR. However, some of the other boxes load OK.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 10:52 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's the spaces in the name of the file.... just call it SHADOWDANCERS.dll or SHADOW_DANCERS.dll

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 11:14 pm
Or just rename it to clipbank.dll, then u have the original. What I do is copy the orig to the desktop, then rename it to whatever.dll, then place it back into the vdj folder. which leaves me with the one i copied to the desktop which I can then rename again and again if i want more.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 11:46 pm
OK... I did 2 hours of testing this morning...

1) I changed the DLL names to have NO spaces; this did not solve the problem.
2) I re-installed VDJ 5.07 and used the originally named clipbank.dll without cloning; I still get an error when loading.
3) Now I'm thinking... maybe a corrupted clip? Yes - a different clip loaded fine.
4) So I re-ripped the original shadow-dancing DVD that the clips came from... Same problem with same clip!
5) I re-ripped the whole DVD one more time, except this time I reversed the naming of the previously non-loading clip with the loading clip. Now, the clip that would not load IS loading, and the clip that loaded fine is NOT loading.
6) I tried re-naming the NON-loading clip several ways, and it will not load.
7) Finally, I re-ripped the whole DVD, this time limiting the the file size to 198MB (instead of 200MB as I had done originally). All tracks seem to load fine.

Conclusion:
I believe there is some kind of problem that happens when multiple clips in a clipbank all have the exact same file size (204,800 KB in my case).
This problem seems to depend somewhat on "remembering" the file name that previously did not load.
Very strange....

Posted Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 1:22 pm
how many times can the clipbank be cloned?

last night i used it to put up video taken with peoples mobile phones. (as many people have 5 megapixcel phones nowadays)

(we had a party in the bar last night and there was alsorts of tom-foolery going on. most of it was funny, but was even funnyer to see it again on the big screen) hehe

back to the last question, i would have thought clipbank would be best at handling files all the same size as most visuals are the same length if ripped from the same dvd, eg. shadow dancers, POVisuals...

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 8:17 am
I use around 12 - 16 banks, depending on the themes that are happening at my parties. Regarding same file sizes, it's just a theory, so I don't know for sure.

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 12:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)