Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The Virtual DJ upgrade changed the way I am used to...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Since upgrading to the latest version of Virtual DJ & Herc Drivers the program works in a way that I am not too pleased with. Auto Beat matching was a snap before when all I had to do was manually fine tune the match if the BPMs were a bit off. Now the program tries to match throughout the playing of two songs and it drives me nuts. Is there a way to turn that feature off so that once it chooses a BPM only I can make adjustments as needed? Another thing that I lost during the upgrade. I like my songs listed by BPM and not by song title. How do I set it up so that whenever I start Virtual DJ it lists my songs by BPM again?

Thanks!

Posted Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 8:35 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Make sure in the config/options menu auto pitch match is disabled..

Posted Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 10:08 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To change default sorting, you must change the registry value SortOrderDefault from 1 to 4
or some other value that represents the bpm column (i don't know which one by heart).

To find this value go to registry, find VirtualDj folder usually under HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software.

Or if you don't want to go messing around by yourself, use this registry edit plugin.

Regards.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 3:03 am
Thanks! I will try that wiht the registry plugin. As far as beatmatching, I don't mind auto beat matching but the upgrade has the BPM floating all over the place trying to beatmatch whereas the older version picked the BPM of the other song and stayed at that BPM. It didn't keep trying to find the pitch throughout the playing of the songs. Is there any way to revert to that without manually matching the BPM everytime I switch songs?

Posted Sat 05 Apr 08 @ 7:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)