Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thank you in advance Everyone!!!!
Hi Guys I know this gets posted a lot but here goes again. My current laptop gets used for everything (net surfing,Finances, email etc.).
And yes I make my living DJing. I know shame on me right!!!
I want to order a new laptop literally tomorrow but need to know what specs I should get on it.
I am a fan of Dell as they have been good to me. I want to stay with XP and they still ship with that so what else should I make sure to get?
I know the 1st thing is price..well around $2000 mark I guess...
I always DJ with an external HD at 7200 rpm taking that into consideration what else is needed for stable use.
-RAM
-Processor Speed
-Video Card Specs
I will continue to use my brand new M-Audio Sound Card

Once I get it what should I remove to have it work well.(software etc.) I still like to download songs at fucntions if I am missing one and an important guests asks for it. I have a wireless Card for laptop

I dont play videos but we do alot of video work so you never know if I might start playing video clips down the road that we created.advertising etc.
Thank you

Posted Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 7:09 pm
My Components
Dell XPS 1530
Tuxedo Black
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9500 (2.6GHz/800Mhz FSB, 6MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition
Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch LCD (1280x800) & 2.0 MP Camera
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)
Speed: 120GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor
Slot Load DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write)
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT
Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card
56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
High Definition Audio 2.0
Finger Print Reader XPS M1530

there just did that for ya on their website - total comes to 1,999 ;)

LOADED to the almost brim lol

but i dont know where you can get xp on dell... wasnt an option

Posted Wed 19 Mar 08 @ 8:47 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've been riding my Alienware M-9750 for a year now and it has never crashed on me for any reason. I game, do video/audio production and most importantly spin on VDJ. Its rock solid, looks sexy in a club and always turns peoples eyes.

It's expensive compared but I've found it to be worth it. Even after a year of use, it's no longer the fastest laptop in the world (had the title for about 3 months only) but I dont care, it still kicks ass.

Alienware was bought out by Dell, but continues to manufacture and manage their products in their own florida plants.

If you want to make an investment that will last 2 years easily and treat you nicely, go with Alienware.... BTW, Im running XP on it. I hate Vista.

Bought my wife a Dell XPS-1330 and all its been is a serious pain in the ass....

Posted Thu 20 Mar 08 @ 12:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)