Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Mashup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OK, I have this track where there is no video available for it, but it's a great track, so, I'm thinking, plenty of others do it, so I'll give it a go! Yesterday I downloaded the trial of Sony Vegas 8 (30 day trial) not really used this software before so it was a real steep learning curve, I took the track and the got the two vids for the songs that are used, mashed them up a little and after about 4 hours i got a result! Not fantastic but not bad for a first attempt. If anyone knows of any easier software for doing this sort of thing, please let me know. So, here it is (The credit at the front uses my 'other' identity) If you do the homework you will get to my youtube channel, got about 25 other bits & pieces on there including footage of my trip to the clubland live concert on friday, saw Cascada, Scooter (who were awesome), T2, Basshunter, Flip & Fill, Ultrabeat and more :-

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 7:25 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tophouse sent you pm

weird or what i'm just about to start my first attempt at this sort of thing today and whats even weirder is i was gonna use some cuts from dmc too, right the nitty gritty first, i'm saying this constructively and not to offend, i would say for that type of music selection you need a bit more strobing of images onto your vid, fast forwarding, reverse and some stuttering, picture in picture that sort of thing,

i've just recently got sony vegas and i'm still getting my head around it, there's an awful lot of mouse clicks for one segment if you know what i mean so i would advise you until you get your head around it get a hold of Ulead videostudio 11 its not as powerful of a tool compared to vegas but will do the job in a lot simpler way plus i might be able to help/guide you on some of its functions

glad you mentioned the time scale on how long it took to make, people dont realise just how long it can take to make even just a three minute clip, one vid i made took nearly eight hours, by the time you do your searching, editing and stuff then putting it all together can be ball busting but enjoyable at the same time.

Tayla

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 9:16 am

Great vid Tophouse ;)

Technically its not a mashup though, I guess... But still great vid ;)

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 9:19 am
What song is played right after the run dmc intro or is the techno ( dance ) version

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 11:43 am
The video is the only thing I did, the actual music track is run dmc vs bodyrox - it's like my bodyrox available from all the usual mashup places.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 12:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)